Hi all,having a real tough few days,neighbours sheep all broke n2the garden and left poo all over the place,I was working and when i got home hubby had got rid of them and moved some off the poo. When I got home we were chatting and I had to ask if he stepped n any, I had a strange feeling he mite have.he said no then a hour later he checks his shoe (we don't wear shoes in the hous) and there was poo on one, I had a thousands thoughts n my head, like when did he stand on it was there any on his tracksuit bottoms was there poo all over the floor now from the bottom of his tracksuit and socks,this happened Friday, I got up sat and was gonna mop all the floors in the house, I felt overwhelmed by it all as hubby keeps saying there wasn't any on his tracksuit but admits it would b possible but when we looked at them that night we saw dirt but he didn't think it was poo.the problem is I don't no when he stood on it and neither does he, we don't no was it at around 3 wen he chaced them out of the garden r later in the day wen be moved the poo, either way he could have had some on the bottoms and walked around inside put feet on couches and it could b spread all over the house and could b n the beds from kids getting up and walking n bear feet and climbing n to the beds plus our bed,I really wanted to change the beds but I didn't because its all a what if is it ??? I did mop the bedrooms yesterday, threw out a mat even tho I didn't c poo on it and half cleaned the floor where shoes we're left no visible poo there either.today I mopped kitchen playroom sitting room hall, and I'm still very nervous off the couch where hubby had his feet on friday nite, I cleaned it a bit yesterday with tea tree and breadsoda, I'm afraid to take off the cushion and wash it in case it falls apart as its anchaint and house is rented,iv been really stressed over it all I had pains n my tummy and felt dizy and had pains n my head which I think was blood pressure,was very anxious, didn't want the kids sitting on that couch so told them it was wet,hubby came n from work and told them sit were ye want,I felt like my head was going to bust.iv been getting CBT and I know if this had happened a few months ago I would have prob changed bed sheets because of this, but I'm trying to tell myself calm down I grew up on a farm and we were always out n sheds and in the fields so I'm thinking there was prob poo bought n sometimes, but I'm very very scared for my kids and feel like I'm putting them at risk even tho I'm prob not as most people pro couldn't have mopped floors,

I have told my hubby to stop reassuring me as my therapist said no reasureance but he keeps doing it even wen I say ur not supposed to, he does anyway I think its just cos its recking his head and he wants me to stop talking, had a massive row today as I was saying to him about not reassuring me r I'll never get better and was he gonna be doing this n a few weeks wen I have to let the kids out n the garden, he wouldn't answer me jus kept telling me to stop talking then went made called me stupid and an idiot, I told him he should stay away tonite and he told me it was music to his ears, the then went on to tell me that I make this and the kids lives miserable that its a misery living with me and iv ruined his weekend, he knows that that will jus make me anxious wen he says horrible things like that to me, he says its so hard been with me wen I'm having bad days that it turns him off me. I'm not sure but I think it would be easier to support someone with ocd than to actually have it and be fighting it. Sorry for the long post :-(

Oh I think it can be darn difficult and frustrating living with someone with severe OCD. That said, calling you names isn't going to help anything out.

So at the end of the day you got spiked and you performed compulsions, unfortunately. Do try to watch your compulsions in the future.

When you feel the urge to do something and there's anxiety involved, given you have OCD, it's probably a compulsion. You are overly concerned with poop and that makes you take your concern far out of the realm of what is ordinary.