Can anyone advise a good book for me to read up about OCD iv only recently started to realise that what i have is OCD mostly Relationship OCD, feeling the need to confess every intrusive thought thinking im flirting with people all of the time etc...Im wanting to learn more about OCD and im thinking a book, can anyone give me a name of a book they may think would be a good read for me please? Thank you.

Guest Tricia

Two of my favourite books are worth reading, but they don't go into great detail about treatment. Frederick Toates' book covers all forms of treatment, but it isn't designed to be a self-help book. Both of these are available in many libraries and they have fascinating information about OCD - The Boy Who Couldn't Stop Washing by Judith Rapoport (don't be misled by the title - it covers almost all symptoms!) and Frederick Toates and Olga Coschug Toates' Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Self-help books that seem very popular include David Veale and Rob Willson's Overcoming Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Break Free From OCD by P. Salkovskis, F. Challacombe and V. Bream Oldfield, and also J, Schwarz's Brain Lock.

Edited by Tricia