upset, depressed and 'stuck' and feeling desperate......

because my mind traps me and stops me doing what I want if things don't go right and I get really wound up. I feel like i'm on a second chance of being well and unhindered with restrictions at mo and blowing it, and it is due in part to my not being open with someone and their selfishness which wound me up and in the middle of this panic I 'say' things to myself - like - I can't do such and such until I've done smthg I don't want to do.

This time 'said' I had to check all the clothes I had just washed, for tiny bits of food, and if I didn't, I could not do what I wanted ie buying and doing and cos I have a bad back , I no way want to physically check things and give myself more upper back pain. I am so stuck and feel so bad. also I was just in chemist and was asked if I wanted to go on an electronic schem e thing and 'said' the same thing to myself. but I went ahead and signed up for it anyway cos I am so sick of it.

cant type more cos bad back, but please help and I wil l reply when I can. so scared and depressed and have been freer last few months mainly. thanks in advance.

Hi BendyLouise

You have to treat this as OCD, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Please try and ignore the thoughts. I know sitting with the anxiety is hard however it does work if you keep at it. If this person your talking about is selfish and does not do you any good then perhaps you need to think about getting them out of your life. You don't need additional negativity.

:) hope this helps. Inbox me anytime you need advice.

Hi BendyLouise

You have to treat this as OCD, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Please try and ignore the thoughts. I know sitting with the anxiety is hard however it does work if you keep at it. If this person your talking about is selfish and does not do you any good then perhaps you need to think about getting them out of your life. You don't need additional negativity.

thank u so much incess' i'd like 2 say more but cant 'cos of back

anyone else?

i'm trying to sit with it but I feel ive failed cos I should never have got so worked up and 'said' those things and still think I have to do them - or compromise somehow, to fix it - and then start again somehow. cant get on with anything and its seriously affecting my life. if others can engage and advise again it would help as ive a lot to contend with as well as these issues. thanx again BL

Hi BendyLouise

thing is, they're not thoughts a lot of timr - its what I 'say' to myself x

Guest Sally44

I think when people say "thoughts" they mean whatever the OCD is saying to you, or what you are "saying to yourself" that you have to do x, y or z to relieve the anxiety. So even if you are saying to yourself that you need to check the clothes for food - that is your inner OCD voice and it is behaving like an abusive partner in how it is treating you.

I think when people say "thoughts" they mean whatever the OCD is saying to you, or what you are "saying to yourself" that you have to do x, y or z to relieve the anxiety. So even if you are saying to yourself that you need to check the clothes for food - that is your inner OCD voice and it is behaving like an abusive partner in how it is treating you.

thanks Sally. that's v useful. I keep using punishments as a way of trying to get things right. I threaten myself and don't think I can now undo it eg ignore it safely and not stop myself doing things. can ny1 help me please.