I need some advice, my doctor has referred me for cbt but I had one session last year and I felt the woman doing the session was not interested and didn't seen sympathetic. Is this normal? is cbt the best way to go? I'm coming off my anti depressants as doctor wants me to try something new. Really struggling at the moment with feeling heartless and like an evil person. need help

Yeah definitely try a different doctor. I had one therapist for anxiety (was unaware that I had OCD at the time) and she was fantastic.

Guy I saw at uni didn't seem the least bit interested in my OCD at all and was trying to blame everything on attachment disorders and stuff despite the fact he never even talked about my thoughts once in the session.

But I'm going to try again and hopefully do well this time! Persevere :)! Things will be okay :)

It can sometimes take time to find the right therapist for you, and unfortunately there are ones that mean well but just don't know how to handle people with OCD etc. Take some time to look around and hopefully you will find the right therapist for you :)

And CBT is 100% the way to go - absolutely priceless.

Guest lizinlondon

Keep looking. They should not get snappy it is their job to help us not matter how hard thst may be. Look at it this way, we are employing them. If they get cross, it is their failing - they are not coming up with the goods to help us. I had two poor therapists before I got a good one - just tell them as Alan Sugar does "your fired!"

Ha ha I'm sure you're right Liz. I always end up feeling sorry for anyone who has to deal with me as it must be like trying to get blood out of a stone. I explain that I find it extremely hard to talk about OCD as I feel soooooo ashamed and embarrassed about it, but they still get annoyed.