need some help

Guest J-L

Hi all

lately i have been having an irrational fear about going blind, it started when my uncle who is blind got into an argument with my dad, it got to me and i called him a **** , i hate myself for it and i feel guilty. I always say stupid things i never mean when i get angry and now im worried that my punishment for saying that to my uncle is that i will go blind too. :( its really really getting to me.

Guest wackybrain

Hi im sorry to hear your having troubles. Im sure you will hear a reply from some1 who can relate or help you in some form i didnt want you to just read and run xx

Hi J-L.

Come on now, think about it for a minute. Do you really believe in magic? Do you really believe you can something to someone and in return the universe is going to make you go blind?

Leave it alone. When you get intrusive thoughts about going blind, ignore them. Shrug them off and get busy doing something. The less attention you pay to the thoughts the better.

Hi J-L,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now.

Have you had CBT for the OCD?

Hi mate

Ive had a year course of CBT and Psychotherapy, never got anything from the Psychotherapy but got a slight benefit from CBT. I have been on a few meds but the two im on now are the most settled ive been, Seroquel and Sertraline.

Hi J-L.

Come on now, think about it for a minute. Do you really believe in magic? Do you really believe you can something to someone and in return the universe is going to make you go blind?

Leave it alone. When you get intrusive thoughts about going blind, ignore them. Shrug them off and get busy doing something. The less attention you pay to the thoughts the better.

thank you for the response, i actually smiled reading your response, i know im not doing the right thing by seeking re assurance over something i know is silly to think. Its just for whatever stupid reason when i get angry i get very defensive and literally say anything nasty to make myself feel like im mr big ..... - what happened was, my uncle is blind and for years has claimed he has people after him, etc etc but for the first time he turned on a family member, me and claimed i had rung him up insulting him etc etc, which is impossible because i never ring him, and he also reckons he told me to **** off in response, which he didnt so of course that conversation never took place. but anyway back to topic, when my uncle rung up accusing me of this to my dad, i really just lost it and said blind **** - i know how horrrible i am to have said that but this isnt a excuse, i literally couldnt control the words coming out my mouth and i instantly felt so guilty and of course my mind started, saying that i will be punished for saying such a terrible thing by becoming blind (this is literally so hard to right as i worry by writing it, it will happen) and ive also had some thoughts that god has had enough of me (im a christian) and is going to punish me for saying such a thing. sorry for the long paragraph x

Time to let it go. Probably your biggest compulsion over this is ruminating -- going over the subject in your head, again and again. It's not doing you any good and is, in fact, making things much worse. Let it go and get on with your life.