Minecraft and explaining how to fight OCD

I know that some unfortunate young(quite young) people can endure OCD. I recently came to an epiphany which may help explain OCD and dealing with it. The key to OCD is that the thoughts and compulsions from it are your enemy and by ignoring and paying no attention to it, OCD will have less impact on your life.

Well, I came to conclusion, in Minecraft there is a mob called the enderman. This particular monster is peaceful the majority of the time, only being a little of a nuisance. However, look at it and a different action begins. The enderman begins to attack you and try to kill you. It only does this if you attack it first or look at it. It is incredibly powerful too, so it is a tough fight. By using this as an example of how OCD is affecting your young child, this may be easier to explain to them. OCD can only be combatted by ignoring it, not concentrating on it, similar to the enderman. And if you do look at it, it is a powerful and ominous enemy. You may be able to better explain to young kids how these two are similar and how they have similar ways to defeat it, by ignoring it.

I hope this in some way gives parents and idea on how to deal with OCD. I have posted this on the young people and friends/family sections in hope that this may help. Thank you for reading this.

• 7 months later...
Guest silverlight

My daughter loves minecraft, and unfortunately, is already displaying OCD tendencies. She's only 6. :( this will be really helpful to explain to her. :) thank you.

Edited by silverlight