Feeling a little better today

Guest lauren415

Guest lauren415

So today I've been hanging out with my dad who also has a little bit of OCD and depression (controlled by medication that he does well on) and it's making me feel better. I'm still having a little anxiety about going to the bathroom and overwiping a little but the urge to check myself afterwards is lessening. It's just my third day back on prozac so I'm trying to give myself a break and be patient...I know it takes a week or two to kick in. How's everyone else's day? :)

Resistance to compulse is key; keep holding out as much as you can - if you do give in, live with that and determine to resist for longer next time.

Keep noting that the obsession and resultant powerful compulsions are the disorder grossly exaggerating.

Guest lauren415

Thanks for the replies, guys! I was put on vesicare for my non infectious cystitis, but really I think the main problem was irritation to the urethra which was making me leak urine. I only took the vesicare for a day bc it was making me feel like I couldn't empty my bladder/giving me constipation. I took it on Thursday and I think it's starting to get out of my system because I finally felt satisfied after urinating this morning. That is some powerful stuff for only 5mg! Anyway, yes I've been working on the wiping and trying to be more gentle, and my mom even told me to not wipe and to just gentle pat and that has been helping :)

Good on you Mum !!

Keep at it lauren. the urge will be there - we all know that so well - but noting It's an OCD compulsion, then refocusing away each time is helpful. It weakens the power of the compulsion.

And with some support from Mum, that will be helpful too.

We are with you too. What's a few thousand miles when we have the internet?

Edited by taurean
Guest lauren415

Very true! Yes, my parents are very supportive thankfully. My dad suffers from depression and intrusive thoughts as well so he knows what I'm going through

Edited by lauren415