Okay as all you know I have been really ill the past few days and a lot of stress. Now I was wondering if anyone has ever had weird dreams that they have to do a number of times in that dream? This may sound weird as I can't even explain. So I was having a dream which has been the same for two days, if I do something in my dream

I have to do it again and again, I wake up shaking and anxiety is really high. Normally I control this in my normal life with being awake. How come when I dream it is there as well?

Anyone?

Why not? There are parts of our brain that deal with awake and speech reading etc.

In OCD our brain is misfiring, sending error messages - looks like the error message triggering specific compulsive behaviour is also passing to the dreams part of your brain.

I have had a busy and challenging week.There has been concern and some anxiety.

Three nights running I have had vivid intense dreams and woken up frightened and distressed.

Better overnight this time.

I think because my wife and I had a stressful, challenging, week on family matters but have come through it.

And because I know we are coming to the end of the - for my allergies - hay fever season.

And I read something really soothing before turning in

My stress will not come to an end for a very long time so that could be causing this. I try to let it go but what that certain person has done to me at college is making my ocd so much worse and all my hard work to just get modules instead of my hnd is terrible. Thing is people

Don't understand the effect this has on someone with ocd compared to a non ocd sufferer and waiting for answers are horrible. The time goes so slow and if he doesn't keep to his word and email me next week I'll probably have to wait to the 20th August until they are back and I'm

Scared how that will affect me as I'm struggling as it is.

Yeh anxiety affects real life uncertainties and stressors also. It's not just thoughts and being bothered though actual stresses and uncertainties are more difficult for us to handle.

I recently got unlucky enough to get targeted by a scammer online who pretended to be a real client and it was very stressful. I was suspicious of him though couldn't prove anything. I believe he used a stolen card to pay me and then after he said he changed his mind and wanted a refund though claimed he cancelled the card and account he used to pay with and I couldn't reverse the transaction. Then he proceeded to demand I wire him the refund to his bank instead of reverse the card transaction. When I refused to do it that way for security he proceeded to threaten me and abuse me making me feel like I was doing something wrong by not doing what he wanted. Then he kept at it trying to threaten and blackmail me into doing it. Saying he had all my info and my friends info etc and wouldn't make any specific threats only that I didn't know who I was messing with and that if I didn't send the refund by wire he would ruin my life etc. I didn't know who he was really or what he really know or if he was dangerous or really insane or would do anything or if he was only bluffing. At that point I knew I was dealing with a scammer though it also meant his name and anything else he told me was fake so I had no real info on who he was to report anything though he had my info.

Everyone I talked to about it to ask what to do all said the same thing that I should just ignore his threats and block him. Always asking me why I was still talking to him. I just hated the uncertainty and felt obsessed with knowing the truth and with getting certainty that he wouldn't retaliate or didn't actually know my info or my friends.

He was one of those crazy people that make you feel like you're the crazy one. Sticking to his stories and acting like I was doing something wrong keeping his money.

Finally I delayed him long enough pretending I was doing what he wanted until the real chargeback finally came in from the real card member and I got the real card owners name. I felt relief knowing I was right and did the right thing not letting someone blackmail me into being scammed by them. Though he still denied a chargeback could be possible even after sending him the screenshots of it and called me a liar that I made it up and made fake screenshots or something, that's how crazy he acted. Finally I blocked him. My non OCD friends would of blocked him from the start once he started acting that way. Instead I tested him over and over until I finally felt certain he was bluffing and I was safe.