This makes me feel dirty

My biggest worry is poo I have been doing ok the last few days but when I go to the loo no matter how much I wipe and use wipes sometimes it won`t go and is still there next time I go is it just me and am I dirty thank you

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to answer your question as you are reassurance seeking. You'll have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable and sit through the doubt. Keep trying to refocus onto doing other things so you're not thinking about this all the time. Keep going.

Ok thanks but I just feel so dirty cos of it and really not sure if it is just me and if it will make me or my kids dirtyI will try to ignore The thoughts but it is just the uncertainty though

Guest Sylfop

My biggest worry is poo I have been doing ok the last few days but when I go to the loo no matter how much I wipe and use wipes sometimes it won`t go and is still there next time I go is it just me and am I dirty thank you

Wipe until there is very little there, take one more wipe but don't check the paper, just finish at that. Don't then go back and check by wiping again. Nobody is 100% clean, if you push too far up you will get poo, as long as your underwear is clean your doing fine.

We don't need to go down the road of offering reassurance here. It won't help. It might make joanne feel okay temporarily but soon the doubt will resurface and she'll back to asking for more reassurance.

I don`t want reassurance just to know if this happens to anyone else I have been coping with it not sure cos of my ms I leak but is it normal to have poo come back and be there when wiped well

Guest Sylfop

Try using freshu on your wet wipes. If you have exercised and have sweated a lot it is normal to get skid marks on under garments. Have you been to the gp to rule out anything medical?

I just wanted to know if it happened to anyone else reassurance is if it is ok that it happens isn't it it I am not sure thanks

They're all variations on a theme Joanne, and they are compulsive questions.

If we said......."Yes, everyone gets soiled underwear" (which they do and is why people wear underwear) it won't pacify your worry, which is that you obsess about poo and contamination.

Tomorrow there'll be a related/similar question. What's more important is accepting the OCD and working out your own plan for dealing with the uncertainty when it arises.

When I went for a poo which is my main worry my hand touched my bum a couple of times when wiping then I had to carry on wiping so I think or know I have spread the poo as I touched my bum all over my bum and I feel like I need a bath which I have resisted so far

Thanks I cannot stop crying I feel so dirty cos my hand touched my bum while wiping then had to carry on wiping I am in bits I can`t focus on anything else please help me I am so scared

This is the same scenario as every day Joanne. Nothing is different.

You have to keep resisting the bath but also try and resist the other compulsions like heading here to write it down. I know it's very tempting but it's almost as important to resist/delay those sorts of compulsions as well and learn to try and recognise for yourself that this is just another OCD thought.

Yes, everyone gets soiled underwear, that is why we wear it, otherwise our main clothing would get stains J.

Its common sense but poo gets sticky if you eat a certain way. Eat lots of fiber. It gets sticky & that is why there are stains. If one eats balanced, it wont be sticky, just fly out & no paper is even needed sometimes.

Using common sense in the bathroom is not the same as being ocd about it. What Im saying is that if one follows rules for proper cleaning then these ocd things wont be as much of a concern. Its also normal to take a bath once or twice a day, but not ten times a day.

Did you ever give some thought to what I suggested in teaching yourself to poo before your regular bath?

Edited by Handy