So even with my brother I can't stop talking about the pain under my breast, I took some paracetamol which eased the pain slightly.

Why do I want to talk about it all the time? Why is it bad to talk about it? Talking about it makes me feel better but everyone says it is bad, why?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been over it countless times already. We've told you why you shouldn't be doing it but you apparently haven't listened.

When you write down your bodily symptoms you are performing compulsions. You are fixated on your health, fixated on the way you feel. You sit there and think about it constantly and you write about it constantly on the forum. All that does is keeps your symptoms at the forefront of your thinking, where it bothers you more, which makes you want to think about them more, which makes you want to write about them more and round and round it goes in an endless circle.

For complex reasons you have cloistered yourself into a room where there is little to do. You don't participate in life outside your four walls. You have closed yourself off to the normal interaction with people. With few exceptions you have little to keep you company except your worries. They take center stage because you have little else.

You are using the forum as an outlet for your compulsions, which just keep you stuck where you are.

Your situation is complex and multilevel. You need some intensive help to get you out in the world and to help you tackle your OCD. We do what we can on a text based forum but it doesn't help you ignore our advice and continue to perform compulsions on the forum.

Talking about it makes me feel better but everyone says it is bad, why?

Because it perpetuates the problem and has helped create the myriad of problems that already control your life. I've explained so many times and in so many ways Phili.

As PB says, you're using the forum as an outlet for your compulsions and that's not what we're here for, no matter how much you want that. Our purpose isn't to provide a facility for people to worsen an already bad situation.

Guest Heryn!

Phili's List of Goals (ranked from most difficult to least):

Romance

Going outside

Ruminating

doing chores

concentrating

good sleeping pattern

More hobbies

being more active with Anne

---

I trawled through twelve pages of your posting history to find it. You also posted this in Challenge Club:

Finish my characters

Start synopsis

Start characters for other book

Everytime I take a deep breath it feels like there is something caught in my throat. I can't cope with these panic attacks, they are taking everything I have. The back of my nose feels blocked. I feel so tired

Edited by Phili

I have a question, the pain in my ribs, which sears every couple of minutes and is wearing me down somewhat, why could I not feel it duing my panic attack? During that I had no pain at all.

Guest Heryn!

Asking questions like this will only keep the issue top of mind, as Polar likes to say.

Why don't you print out your list of goals and stick it to the back of your bedroom door?

I don't have a bedroom, well I do but I sleep in the living room.

I don't know why I have this pain in my ribs and so I am obsessing over it, its only in one spot and it pains every couple of minutes for about ten second. Sometimes I feel pain in the middle but I think its unrelated. The only thing I can think of is it is either a stress pain, don't know if you get that in your ribs or where I pulled it yesterday, I felt it yank

Guest Heryn!

I don't know why I have this pain in my ribs

The advice posted here is only to help you improve. You deserve better than this, Phili.

Guest Heryn!

My eyes just went really blurry, that was scary.

I know people moan at me but often I really don't know if something is anxiety and stress or not

It isn't moaning. It's support and assistance to help you deal with a debilitating mental condition (amongst other things).

My Mum had pain in her chest for several days and then...we thought it was indigestion but it wasn't...I'm afraid the same thing will happen to me so any pain in that area really starts me off, even though this is in the far right ribs, in the fold on my breast at the top

Guest Heryn!

this is in the far right ribs, in the fold on my breast at the top

Don't need to know it. Not necessary. Keeping you stuck in the mud.

I'm trying but it hurts and it scares me, even though its in totally the wrong place to be my heart....

But what are you trying? You're not trying to resist the compulsions :( Regardless of what's recommended you're just posting and re-posting symptoms over and again. You're seeking reassurance and asking questions to deal with the anxiety.

Everybody with OCD is scared......but we all have to try our best to apply the information and advice known to help.

You've dealt with your problems this way since you were 12 and it's not done you any favours. Surely, it's worth considering a different approach.