Need Help... Any please.

Guest TheBoMM

Guest TheBoMM

Hi everyone, I've been away from this forum for a while now, because I've been doing REALLY well. I had relapse though, and I need help, now...

I suffer from Pure-Obsessional OCD Sexual Thoughts... but the past few months I've been managing so well. Last night I just got finished with a visual novel I really enjoyed. So I thought I would look for another one. (For those who don't know a visual novel is like a video game book, in an drawn anime style, that tells a story, often romantic.)

So I typed in Visual Novels into google. And almost instantly I found the Visual Novel Database, I full huge enormous thing, and I thought "oh, cool, a lot to choose from."

However, when I started searching categories on the thing I saw that some were... just vile, horrendous. Not pictures even, just category titles. And so I backed up out of there (quite fast) right to my home page, and I had a mini-panic attack.

Today, I'm so stressed out. I know to never go there again as it's awful, but it feels like my old sad self today, wanting to go through my mental compulsions. I keep feeling guilty even though I haven't done anything, and I feel like the police are going to come to my door and arrest me because they'll think I was searching for that stuff, but all I wanted was another visual novel to read! I wanna check and get rid of my doubts, but I know I shouldn't, but this not in my stomach is tearing me apart with doubt.

I'm having a really bad relapse and the mental loops of doubt are starting to form gain. Please, help me, I'll feel sick today and just need some advice on how to get through it. I don't want to become the sad worrier again.

Edited by TheBoMM

Stop yourself from checking. You don't want to go down that road. Like with any form of OCD, you need to identify the compulsions you are doing and resist them with all your might. Likely a big one for you is ruminating, going over in your head what you saw and what it means, again and again. Don't get caught in the rumination trap. Try your best to just leave the whole matter alone.

Guest TheBoMM

Stop yourself from checking. You don't want to go down that road. Like with any form of OCD, you need to identify the compulsions you are doing and resist them with all your might. Likely a big one for you is ruminating, going over in your head what you saw and what it means, again and again. Don't get caught in the rumination trap. Try your best to just leave the whole matter alone.

Hey PolarBear, long time no see...

Yeah, I cooled off. That was the trick, really. I managed to just sit in silence and get over it. I'm getting a lot better at that, actually.