Sort of new..need a bit of advise possible trigger warning

Guest mirrenmo

Guest mirrenmo

Hey I'm new to the whole ocd thing...waiting on treatment tried sertraline because I'm breastfeeding and it made me worse so currently not taking anything and waiting 6 weeks for another appointment with the nurse to decide what treatment will suit best whether it be cbt or what not then another wait for whatever waiting list ill be put on next... anyway my ocd revolves around my children I'm petrified of social work taking them away so I freak if anything happens to them and begin to ruminate over social work etc etc...but I'm still learning what is ocd and what is just be generally panicking ... my ocd does tend to take different forms different days but mostly around the kids...today my 2 year old ran into a male toilet and for 2 seconds my husband got him out and he was covered in the goo from the urinal block and I think he put his hands in his mouth. He's totally fine but I freaked out completely I couldn't stop gagging and felt I couldn't touch his jumper so my husband took it... when we got in I felt dirty and was really not feeling good about what happened and very very almost took a shower but I stopped my self and it's sort of passed thankfully although I did juSt take a shower but it was more to do with getting 10 mins peace...is this ocd or just a general panicky thing? I'm still learning about ocd so not really sure when I was a teen here were occasions I had high anxiety and I would wake up at all hours just because I felt dirty and I absolutely had to wash in hind sight this was probably ocd then as well...but this time it was because of something my son touched? Any ideas?

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

There's nothing unusual about you getting anxious because your son was 'allegedly' contaminated. OCD comes in different themes. Some people focus on themselves being contaminated, others focus only on if loves ones become contaminated. It's still all OCD.

Good luck with your upcoming appointment. I would suggest you check out the main OCD-UK website to read up on OCD and the way it is normally treated. There's lots of good information there.