Bad memories/ feelings vs ocd-. Things. Erp.

Hi. Im starting erp on thursday, and is really excited. And scared.

I have lots of things in boxes from around 5 years of time. And i have almost only new things in my new place.I buy things all the time. I tryed to go throgh some old stuff a few days ago , but it caused much anxiety and i gave it up for now. i really just wanted to sell or throw all the things away.

lots of cloaths and things is packed away because of ocd. I also have things in moms houses.They are going to sell on of the 2 houses now, so i also have to get through this old stuff or let them do so . (Some houses, almost all houses of people i know,i cant even go inside.)

I guess we have to work on touching old stuff in therapy , to sell or use it. But is there a line between bad and tramatic memories and ocd? Im so scared of not handling the feelings that comes with going throgh my stuff. Like traumatic things from my childhood. The treatment is only three days with this ocd team. And i guess we are going to do insensive erp. But my feelings and the worst part often comes a bit after exposure. And the ruminating.

Im so scared to rip up in things who either is ocd contemination on things, bad and traumatic memories or things who remind me of something ive done wrong or a bad period of my life.

I dont know if im want to use cloaths who remind me of a bad time.. But maybe exposure of ocd and bad memories are much the same? But do people without ocd also avoid to wear cloath who remind them of something bad? ( f,eks,. This dress did i wear when my boyfriend broke up, or wore when i was in a car acedent were my friend died.. ( just an example).

Im terrified by going throgh my old stuff. Maybe someone near can take some of the worst, its so much. The Main problem is not what to do with it, even if i dont want it, and dont want anyone else in Norway to have it either, but its more about how to handle the feelings going through this stuff.

I guess most of my issues are ocd, but sometimes i Wonder if something can be a normal reaction to some bad and tramatic things in life. And i hope i get some help with the feelings after these three days, if we are going to rip up in old stuff.. Its alot about close relation stuff and feelings too.

Im terrified to start.. Three days left

I think you need to leave questions like this alone until you have gone through your upcoming therapy. Don't think too far down the road. Let the therapy happen and see how you are after it.

Like polar bear has said try not to worry about what might or might not happen. I am in a similar situation and find I have a very long memory especially over things I have avoided for a long time. Part of the exposure is about not avoiding these things anymore and showing yourself that avoidance was only keeping the ocd around.

I also have been too stressed to go to the homes of people I know. The last time I went to a family members house I washed everything and through gradual erp since January I went to their house the other day and didnt compulse at all. It was a huge exposure but a huge weight off my shoulders too. You can get there too. Good luck with your erp.

Thank you Gamma!

Well done for doing the exposure and not do conpulsions!

I hope i will manage to do so too, and that it will feel good eventuelly. Many of those people i know and dont visit anymore doesnt know the reason. And i dont know if im going to tell..or just do the exposure . But i guess im not going to think to much on this now either..

I hope i will be able to have visiters soon, cause i really would like that.