Coming from venflafaxine Effexor to setraline

Has anyone come off 150mg of venflafaxine onto setraline?

I'm told after 8 years on this drug that I need to wean down to 75mg for a week then replace it with setraline because the drug I'm on now is getting banned in a lot of countries due to it being a bad drug or something.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and if there was any withdrawals.

I have come down to 25 mg sertraline from 50 mg desvenlafaxine. Thank God I haven't experienced any severe discontinuation syndrome. Only slight headache for 1-2 days that was it. I suggest you to come down to 37.5 mg that is the lowest dose before coming down to Sertraline. If possible consult with your doctor. It is not a do it yourself task. Med withdrawal may vary from person to person so I can't guarantee it will be same as mine.

Guest dimmerswitch

I've been taking a small dose (37.5mg) of Venlafaxine for nearly 20 years. Even if I miss one, the next day I feel low and definitely more anxious. I'd like to come of it altogether, but every time I try I get the above symptoms, plus tremors. My GP is adamant I shouldn't experience these symptons, but I know it's difficult.

I have the exact same symptoms when I tried 37.5 and could never get off them. It was my doctor who said take 75mg for 2 weeks then take the setraline. This is the only way he thinks it will work as a lot of people do it this way. I'm not sure though.

Guest zeroacid

I'm on seteraline for low mood 150 mgs in the morning, and its suppsosed to help with my ocd (counting) it's not working