Just an introduction

Hi all, I have been suffering with what I think is OCD for between 15-20 years, I'm not sure how to say this without sounding silly, here are just a few things I have to do on a daily basis,

• Open my window, look over to the neighbors house, then look at the light above the garage, and say I love you Nana.
  • Look in the mirror and smile (thinking in my head I'm going to have a good day).
  • I have to make my bed, and arrange 3 pillows and a cushion in a certain order.
  • Walk downstairs and open and close all the doors in the house, check all the windows are locked.
  • Walk my dogs to the same place and count to 4 when I get there.
  • Always make sure my shoes are together on the floor, with the left one slightly in front of the right.
  • Check all doors are locked 4 times.
  • Get in my car and turn it on before I open the locked gate, then go back and check the gate after I've locked it and got into my car.
  • Always put my bag for work in the passenger side before I get in the car.

I think what I'm looking for is any advise that I can get, and maybe some words of comfort really,

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Jack

Edited by Jack123

I can't not do them before I leave the house, it makes me late to work, It makes me really upset especially when I'm driving to work, although, my partner is very understanding and is always there for me which is a big boost!

Jack,