Healthy minds course

Hi bruces

Wishing you all the very best.

See if you can get into the spirit of it, even if you would rather it was a different format.

That would really be a good thing to do and a stepping stone towards more specific help.

I hope it goes well for you Bruces,i wouldn't mind going to something like that,i know it's scary to be in a group but probably the others are feeling just as apprehensive,let us know how you get on.

Edited by daisy

Bruces, starting something new always seems daunting, but as you say, keep an open mind. You might even enjoy it!

I'd be interested to learn more about what you're offered on the Healthy Minds course and whether it's based on re-training your cognitive processes (in other words, helping you think differently about things and reinterpret your thoughts in a more helpful way.) Please tell us how it goes and share what it's all about afterwards. :original:

Guest fear_will_lose

Hi :)

I am not sure if it's the same 'Healthy Minds' that I received support from but if it is I would recommend Healthy Minds to anyone. In my experience with them they were really great. I tried to explain the intrusive thoughts to professionals a few times but no one really got it and just gave me reassurance. Within ten minutes of speaking to someone from Healthy Minds they said it was OCD. I attended a group there and it did me wonders but that was specifically and OCD group that I went but in general, Healthy Minds are excellent from my experience.