Groinal responses

My groinal responses don't really scare me anymore, because I'm aware that it's just my anxiety/ reaction to sexual intrusive thoughts but the response is kinda annoying. I know we can stop compulsions and whatnot, but can we stop groinal responses? What happens usually with me is I get the thought racing through my head and then a twitch/tingle in my groin area (focusing on my clit area but I know for sure it's just OCD.)

Is there a way to...deny/intercept the thought that then leads to the groinal response? It all happens pretty fast so I dunno right now

No....I don't think so....you have to cease to be bothered about it.

If you got an itch on your shoulder you wouldn't be bothered....because it's where it is you notice and are bothered, even if you understand why. It's a bit like the intrusive thoughts....even when you understand, they still happen but you have to ignore and carry on. It's the same with the groinal response, you have to try and totally accept it, that's when over time it will reduce and cease probably.

Guest Orwell1984

I think you need to view the groin all as a sensory obsession (automatic and involuntary) and then the compulsions would be anything you try to do to prevent it or change it

Guest HeadAboveWater

My groinal responses don't really scare me anymore, because I'm aware that it's just my anxiety/ reaction to sexual intrusive thoughts but the response is kinda annoying. I know we can stop compulsions and whatnot, but can we stop groinal responses? What happens usually with me is I get the thought racing through my head and then a twitch/tingle in my groin area (focusing on my clit area but I know for sure it's just OCD.)

Is there a way to...deny/intercept the thought that then leads to the groinal response? It all happens pretty fast so I dunno right now

I've been wondering this lately, as well. I find that when I have clarity that it really is all OCD because I see that I am not interested/attracted to these thoughts or images then I find it easier to cope with the groinals. However, sometimes when a groinal response catches me off guard or if it comes out of nowhere, I link it in my brain back to these thoughts and I can't help but ruminate and try to figure out why and what they mean? I think it really is a learned response that means nothing. It's like Pavlov's dog - classical conditioning... especially because I never got these before this OCD theme came along. Well, I had them with other sexual obsessions but they have now gone from those thoughts. I guess, we just have to pay no attention to them and they will fade with the thoughts.

I've been wondering this lately, as well. I find that when I have clarity that it really is all OCD because I see that I am not interested/attracted to these thoughts or images then I find it easier to cope with the groinals. However, sometimes when a groinal response catches me off guard or if it comes out of nowhere, I link it in my brain back to these thoughts and I can't help but ruminate and try to figure out why and what they mean? I think it really is a learned response that means nothing. It's like Pavlov's dog - classical conditioning... especially because I never got these before this OCD theme came along. Well, I had them with other sexual obsessions but they have now gone from those thoughts. I guess, we just have to pay no attention to them and they will fade with the thoughts.

Yes, I found as the meaning I attached to the thoughts lessened so to the groinal response's disappeared.