Ear worm

Guest ananke

Guest ananke

Does anyone else get really bad ear worm? Since I was little I feel like there's a jukebox in my head. There is just constant music, unless I'm paying attention to something else. Right now its Perhaps by Cake. Which is a nice song, but not three times a minute. Apparently its pretty common, but maybe not permanently! Any ideas what causes it?

No idea what causes it. I get that too, but it's usually a song that I enjoy so I'm fine with it. Is it getting on your nerves? My brother's friend says to listen to the song that is stuck in your head in order to get it unstuck. It doesn't sound like it makes much sense, but I'm no expert in getting rid of earworms. All the best. xx

Guest ananke

It's not that it gets on my nerves, I just wish it was a little more sensible! Why would I only want to listen to the chorus of Jolene? The worst songs recently have been Happy by Pharrell Williams and Let It Go. They seem to be everywhere!

Guest Tricia

It can be a symptom of OCD. I read of a man who had the same tune stuck in his head for many years. Actually, it was his only OCD symptom. I think everyone experiences this at times though.

P.S. I believe in that man's case, clomipramine cured him.

Edited by Tricia
Guest LauraMac

I get this too. It's definitely symptomatic of OCD, that locking and rotation of music is definitely an extremely irritating thing!