i want to kill myself

Guest Transcendental

Guest Transcendental

i can't look at a photo of myself anymore. i hate how fat i look, i want to be more muscular, i want a better face, i want a smaller waist bones, i can't take it. i spend a lot of the day staring into reflective surfaces or mirrors and i have an all consuming obsession with how i look. i am considering surgery/ steroids

Hi Transcontinental.Have you seen a doctor about this.You seem to be showing the classic symptoms of bdd and you can be helped with cognitive behavioural therapy.If not I would make an appointment straight away.The sooner you get help with it the better

Guest Exemplary

i can't look at a photo of myself anymore. i hate how fat i look, i want to be more muscular, i want a better face, i want a smaller waist bones, i can't take it. i spend a lot of the day staring into reflective surfaces or mirrors and i have an all consuming obsession with how i look. i am considering surgery/ steroids

Hi Transcendental,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please go and see a professional if you haven't already done so. I'm here for you as all the other users of the forum are. Please try to remove your mirrors? You are beautiful just the way you are. :)

Alex

Hi Trans I'm really so sorry to hear how you've been feeling I totally understand my dear friend.I know it's not easy with BDDtry to see someone asap ok.In the meantime just do your best ok try to avoid the mirror and reflective surfaces of yourself as much as possible.If you do find yourself obsessively looking in mirrors&other such reflections please try not to be so hard on yourself it is the illness doing that and not you.

I can try like everyone else be very supportive for you,I know how much BDD does affect our lives&it's never easy.Some time ago I used to look obsessively in the mirror always,take close up pictures of my nose&teeth especially.It's still not easy with BDD but in time with the right helpsupport,treatment you can get better trust me on this.

Everyone is trying to help on this forum. :)

.....Yes, but why put a comment that is unfounded? If it was as easy as someone guaranteeing me i would feel better about myself by getting a cross trainer, dont you think i would have done that 20 years ago??? Like it sadi, and i stand by it... a belittling comment like that is insulting to all BDD sufferers

Edited by Dont-Let-It-Win
  • 2 months later...
Guest Starlight505

Hi. Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I got so fearful of my appearance that I stopped going out the house and also felt suicidal (when actually I looked pretty good, but I couldn't see it myself). I attempted suicide and was taken to A&E. Then they took me to a psych ward. I was there for a month, they added on venlafaxine to my original anti-psychotic meds and amazingly it did actually work. I really recommend that you get help from your psychologist because they take suicide seriously. No one looks perfect, don't let the illusion of vanity get you down, I so regret the suicide attempt and I ask God to forgive me.

Guest Roseora

Yeah, society today makes lots of people feel like they dont look good enough or whatever... Youmight want to see a doctor if its really a problem for you, but if youd like to lose weight just cut a little bit of meals. Drink water instead of high calorie drinks and ONLY eat when your actually hungry, not just because its lunchtime or whatever. :) yu can do little things to make yourself feel better about your appearance, find yourself a new outfit or get a new haircut. Those thinsg helped for me, anyways. Hope you get more confident on how you look soon.

Oh, and dont go overboard with the whole losing weight thing, okay? Stick thin isnt a good look either.

• 1 month later...

It sure does sound like BDD. Sounded like you was having an awful day when you posted mate. You have been advised to exercise too make you feel better, I exercise excessively and believe me it doesn't have any positiveness for me, I too have considered surgery.

Too most, I'm in good physical condition, great abs and body frame to others and I do get compliments, im in no way vain nor do I think I'm gorgeous. Inside I'm a failure to myself, never am I happy when I look in a mirror, sometimes horrified. My point is being advised to exercise isn't going to wash all your feelings away, get professional help, I exercise prolifically, too the extent of exhaustion.

You will get better and I'm pretty sure I will too, good luck.