Hello anxiety... its been a couple of weeks.

Guest Pugdoglover

Guest Pugdoglover

Hi guys,

Hope your all doing ok, and fighting this terrible illness. I have intrusive thought OCD.

A few weeks ago I was on here worried because on a night out when I stupidly drank on medication I ended up in A&E because I was quite upset and suicidal. I ended up on a roof and theratened to jump even though I wouldnt. Its all been ok from then, Ive started my dream job and loving it. But my ocd is telling me I strangled siomeone that night and pushed them in the river. Even though my friends who were with me and caught up with me fater I rang away said I did nothing wrong im now obsessing that they are covering up for me so they dont get in trouble too. What if they are covering up for me and ive committed this terrible crime? They would be more evidence right? I had a couple of scratches and bruises on my arm but im sure thats from my friend trying to restrain me as i hysterically crying and trying to run away. They all say I did nothing etc but I cant help but think they are covering me and im petrified a few years down the line there will be a discovery, I ll be found guilty of this crime Ive worried i committed and end up in prison and iuts because my friends handed me in? I know it sounds redidculous but I cant help but worry. Is this OCD or a real cause for concern? Should I ask my friends outright if they are covering something up? Ive been reassured numerous times nothing happened and they said I was only on my own for 3-4 minutes but omg i'm panaicing.

What should I do?

Pugdoglover

Hi Pug, I know it's tough, but you shouldn't ask your friends again, you've already asked so if you keep asking that's just compulsive reassurance, and even if it gives you temporary relief, you'll start to doubt again because it's OCD and that's how OCD works. It's hard because the feeling of doubt is real, but you can live with that doubt and it will fade. Trust your friends, trust yourself, and remind yourself that you feel these doubts because of OCD.