Difficult to find support.

Guest Anna-Fayah

Guest Anna-Fayah

Hello to everyone !.

I'm a 36 year old female from beautiful Vancouver B.C. Canada. I am overjoyed to of found this amazing network of support, though I'm terribly sad and really ashamed for the personal issues that have brought me here. I had difficulty finding any good support online, resources on skin picking seem to be limited, maybe I didn't look hard enough. I hope this is an appropriate place for me to be, because I don't know where else to go. I tried to join another online support group but I had difficulties with their registration form :(

If anybody knows of support in my part the world please let me know. I'm happy to be here, I hope that's okay !

Hi Anna from another Canadian.

From what I've read, the preferred therapy for skin picking disorder is Habit Reversal Therapy, a type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I'm not sure where you can get that where you are but at least you know what the therapy is called that you should check out.

Welcome to the forums from one Pacific Northwesterner to another Anna! Since you asked for help in your region I have two links for you to check out.

First is the International OCD Foundation. Though it is an American based charity, it's provider database includes listings in many other countries including Canada. If you are having trouble finding a therapist that might be helpful.

http://iocdf.org

Second is the Delta Branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association which offers an OCD support group, among other services. Looks like a useful resource as well.

http://www.delta.cmha.bc.ca

Cheers!