I need help, any help

Guest Dezza

Hi. There's something really wrong with me. I'm 22, and obsessed with staying alive. First it was fires I feared and it damaged my social/love/work life.

Then it was cancer and now it's conflict. My family and I have a strained relationship. I left for Uni at 18 and since then my alcoholic mother left my sisters. One is 19 and the other is 12, they live together in a separate part of the country. I'm scared to speak to them, for them to tell me I'm evil for not going back when my mum left but I can't because that's not my life and though they have told me a lot of times that they are fine and do not need help the fear remains. Terrifying, all consuming fear. Most days I want to cut off from society and run away. Please help me, anyone.

Hi Dezza, I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time right now. Fear is definitely a hallmark of OCD, so its possible that your symptoms may be related to that, and if so this is definitely a good place to get some help. Even if its not OCD hopefully the information here is helpful to you, as many of the same things that help with OCD help with other anxiety disorders. The best thing you can do for yourself would be to talk to a qualified mental health professional, either a doctor or therapist who is trained in these areas. They could help you sort out and identify your problem and also work with you on the right course of treatment.
I know its probably hard to believe right now, but it is possible to get past the fear and get your life back on track. There is hope for you so hang in there!