Hi, I'm new to OCD UK!

Hi all,

I joined OCD UK a few days ago, & have already written a few posts, but I thought I best introduce myself to everybody here!

I'm a 32 yr old male from the northwest of England.

I am a OCD sufferer who is currently waiting to see a therapist (Friday 19th Dec is my first session).

This is the second time I have been treated for OCD, the first being three years ago. That was for intrusive thoughts of a sexual nature (I also had other thoughts, but that was the biggy). These started ten years before I first saw someone & even then it took me another 3 years to actually (truthfully) disclose the full nature of my condition to a CBT therapist.

Now I seem to be suffering from Rumination OCD to do with religion/moral's. It really hit me for six when I came down with it this time as it felt so different to the other types of OCD I have suffered, I don't mind telling you now, it still scares the hell out of me & if I wasn't being seen in the near future I think I would crack up!

Lucky, I am starting to realise it is just OCD & that is half the battle :original: I am determined to rid myself of it fully this time!

I would also like to say to the administrators here, that I have found this site to be extremely helpful & comforting. It is also helping my parents & friends to understand my condition by reading it's cause's & various types.

So from the bottom of my heart, a very sincere thank you! :xmas_cheesygrin:

To everyone else, I would just like to say hi & I look forward to getting to know you!

Symps!

Thank you both!

Poplarbear - Yep, I soon got into the topics! Wish I knew of this site the first time round, so many people having the same thoughts/problems I had!

Daisy - Thanks, I can't wait! Gonna do it properly this time, stick to my therapy & hopefully get it gone for good this time!