Stuck in a hole and I want to get out of it.

Guest Joshd

Split up with the missus, my situation is hard at the moment as I have too live here until I get a place in a few weeks. I ain't exercised today, yep you guessed it, ERP, I can't help but feel anxious, a panicking state, stressed and wanting tomorrow to come.

I look in the mirror and think what's the point? Does my endless exercising not work? Am I doing it right? I just can't see an improvement.

I got drunk last night, which I know will not help but it was a quick fix until waking up this morning feeling like I would be quite happy if the world would just end. My ex just doesn't get my dissorder, In fact I don't really think she cares.

Has anybody got any helpful advice on how to think and what to do? Please please please.

Edited by Joshd

It's such a shame that your partner doesn't seem to know or care about your BDD.That always seems to be the way(as with OCD too).I hope that when you are well again you will find a new partner who is kinder to you.Yea i know about the getting drunk thing.I find it just makes me feel worse in the end.Have you tried the "overcoming body image problems including body dysmorphic disorder" by David veale.I found together with some CBT that it managed to get me out of a big hole i'd dug myself into.