My Story

Guest Ap13

Hey guys and girls. I have suffered with serve OCD, social anxiety and Health Anxiety for the past couple of years. I just wanted to share my story.

To start things off when I was 11 I was touched inappropriate by a family member.

I went through servere bullying from my cousin during secondary school. He turned my whole year group against me. Everyday at school I would be called names and people would try and attack me. He said my mum was homeless and that my dad was an alcoholic. He even started an online campaign against me. When we were younger he tried to turn my brother against me and succeed for a while.

On top of this I was robbed three times while this was happening. Twice on my way back from school and once outside my front door at knife point. I then developed IBS and missed 6 months of my GCSEs. By the end of secondary school I was a broken man. I had no friends at all. I didn't even have a mobile phone.

I managed to get into university and now I am in my third year. However I am in a bad place now. I started drinking heavily to have confidence when going out. I had a couple of nights where I couldn't remember anything and I heard bad stories about myself. Since then I have had really bad paranoia and have been asking people constantly on facebook if I have done something to them. Its got to the point where I have no backbone and come across as a weird and a pushover.

Everything is a mess right now. Nobody understands me and I dont know how to act around my flatmates at uni.

Guest Princess👑Panic

First of all I think ur very brave to share ur story'

Am not a very good help cos like u I have OCD

n don't have all the answers! But I've leant on things over the years including alcohol to control

my Anxietys' if u need to talk to someone' am here x

Hi Ap13,

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

I agree with Princess Panic, you've shown a lot of courage to share your story with us, you've been through a lot.

From what you've written, I take it that your obsession is to do with the fact you feel people are talking about you. Would that be correct?

What I can recognise from myself & a lot of other people on here, is that constantly asking people for reassurance is a popular compulsion with OCD, but all compulsions do is validate the need for the obsession, so we need to stop performing them. It's not easy & you can feel anxious whilst doing it, but it's a big part in overcoming OCD & reduces your anxiety in the long term.

Are you currently seeing a therapist or taking any medication?

Regards,

Symps :original: