• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Heryn!

I really don't mean to be rude, Phili, but is this another barrier, like the dining chair?

The corner shop will probably have thread. If it doesn't, just order some. Maybe your Mum had a sewing basket.

The point is that you do something to (attempt) to take your mind off the OCD.

Phili.....I've asked you not to use the forums to carry out compulsions in this way, by writing down of symptoms. Allowing them to remain is facilitating a platform for you to perform compulsions, just as surely as a relative who is forced to undress at the front door and take a shower or to constantly reassure someone that they haven't harmed their child.

I'm not happy to let it continue Phili. If you can't self moderate, I will have to and posts of this nature will be removed

I tried to breath deep this morning and it got stuck in my throat after about 4 seconds, I have since taken several proper deep breaths but feel compelled to keep doing it for fear there is something wrong with my lungs, I am full of congestion and stuffy nosed still and was anxious, still am. I did it too many times, now my chest hurts a bit, a good twenty times of varying depths. I can only breath out of one nostral and was anxious when I woke up. Uesterday I had another panic attack but last night the breathing thing basically went away, I barely noticed it. This all started the day I had that big panic attack so its obviously related I have pain under both my breasts now.

Please don't delete me, I have done well

Edited by Phili

It will continue to be a problem as long as you deal with it by carrying out compulsions.

You mean as long as its an obsession the symptoms wont go away? Last night I got into my drawing and writing and I barely noticed it until I stopped it had all basically gone. Also, i am not getting as much anxiety and panic attacks but genrelised obsession and anxiety, which of course create the same situation. Actually it is those that create the issue and that sneak attack where you don't think you are that nervous but actually are because you are obsessing. OCD is not made up of just high anxiety, it has different level and tricks and I forget that.

My chest is tight

I have been keeping an OCD diary bases on this website, what do you think

http://www.anxietybc.com/sites/default/files/adult_hmocd.pdf

Guest Heryn!

I tried to breath deep this morning and it got stuck in my throat after about 4 seconds, I have since taken several proper deep breaths but feel compelled to keep doing it for fear there is something wrong with my lungs, I am full of congestion and stuffy nosed still and was anxious, still am. I did it too many times, now my chest hurts a bit, a good twenty times of varying depths. I can only breath out of one nostral and was anxious when I woke up. Uesterday I had another panic attack but last night the breathing thing basically went away, I barely noticed it. This all started the day I had that big panic attack so its obviously related I have pain under both my breasts now.

Please don't delete me, I have done well

Don't say you waited all night just to post that. :(

You mean as long as its an obsession the symptoms wont go away?

Even if the symptoms remain, you have to try and work through them.

Don't say you waited all night just to post that. :(

Even if the symptoms remain, you have to try and work through them.

No, it was this morning I got the earge to post it.

I have congestion and a blocked and stuffy nose, whether OCD or weather induced I can't say, my brother and my Dad also suffer/suffered with stuffy noses and congestion my Nan gets it as well, so it runs in the family and of course this is compounded with the feelings I need to force myself to breath and reaching for that deep breath, I need to breath normally and stop deep breathing as a compulsion. It all started after my panic attack so 99% of it is likely anxiety and the rest just a bit of seasonal congestion

What do you guys thing of the website?

Guest Heryn!

No, it was this morning I got the earge to post it.

I have congestion and a blocked and stuffy nose, whether OCD or weather induced I can't say, my brother and my Dad also suffer/suffered with stuffy noses and congestion my Nan gets it as well, so it runs in the family and of course this is compounded with the feelings I need to force myself to breath and reaching for that deep breath, I need to breath normally and stop deep breathing as a compulsion. It all started after my panic attack so 99% of it is likely anxiety and the rest just a bit of seasonal congestion

None of what you just typed is helping the situation.

Do you have everything you need to do needlecraft now? Needles, thread, thimble, template, scissors, etc?

Guest Orwell1984

Phili if your brother is there or when he comes home from work ask him to buy you thread tomorrow. You don't want another week to pass by with nothing to do except compulsions. It's June now.

Thanks

I couldn't eat. It felt like I was suffocating and chocking even though I can breath fine, just a bit stuffy. Mind you I didn't like it. I felt anxiety creeping in so I went for a walk around, tight chested now and bloated but I beat it back a bit.

I was OK yesterday but I wasn't focused on my breathing like I am today. The panic and anxiety attacks seem to have way layed and left anxiety symtoms and feelings of forboding

I' am trying, its just I am having good and bad days, which I suppose is better than previous when it was ALL bad days, I guess my nerves are recovering a bit

Guest Heryn!

Thanks

I couldn't eat. It felt like I was suffocating and chocking even though I can breath fine, just a bit stuffy. Mind you I didn't like it. I felt anxiety creeping in so I went for a walk around, tight chested now and bloated but I beat it back a bit.

I was OK yesterday but I wasn't focused on my breathing like I am today. The panic and anxiety attacks seem to have way layed and left anxiety symtoms and feelings of forboding

Which are perpetuated by compulsions like typing out symptoms.

Phili......When a thread is used largely to carry out compulsions and serving no other beneficial purpose posts may be removed or the thread locked.

I'm not happy to just keep repeating this. Seeking help & productive support is one thing, the nature of the condition can also drive people to keep repeating questions but much of your posts are simply and specifically to carry out compulsions and that's not the purpose of the forum.

I wasn't asking for reassurance, I was wondering if the lack of intense fear and panic was me being able to control it better, if so I can work harder at it, or is it just a different type of anxiety attack

You just found a work around to repeated requests that you not use the forum to perform compulsions. You typed out your symptoms but then asked a question at the end. You still typed out your symptoms and I see the question as asking for reassurance since the questions has to do with how you feel, which is exactly what you are fixated on.