Does anyone else do this?

Guest ocd1984

Guest ocd1984

I'm not sure if this is an OCD but I am intrigued if anyone else does this. I spend my life, literally hundreds of times a day, matching up the corners of things (often walls and windows but it could be anything that frequently repeats) with the muscular movements of my fingers and feet. I will continue a pattern until it finishes on my thumbs which completes a series. This feels satisfying and I will probably stop for a while. It happens so often that it is unconscious and I only catch myself doing it sometimes. I think it sometimes looks a bit odd with my eyes darting around the room but I don't do often in conversations (although probably a lot in meetings!) I hope I have explained it clearly. It doesn't really impact on my life but I am interested if anyone else does something similar?

Guest ananke

I do something similar, which is making sure everything I touch is 'squared off'. Basically if I touch anything (like my laptop) I have to wipe it smooth, so my fingerprints aren't there. It doesn't have to be the whole laptop, just the area I touched. God that sounds so weird outside of my head. I used to have to 'trace' my way round a room, going over windows and the skirting board... actually just talking about it is making my fingertips itchy. It could be an OCD thing, it feels like it to me, but I'm not sure to be honest