OCD Thoughts - Using A "Time Machine" To Overcome A Trigger

I'm trying this one now - as I'm in a distressful state where the original cause is a known and identified trigger.

Here's how the method might work.

This computer operates on strict logic and data times.I once downloaded software it didn't like, and uninstalling it didn't fix the problem.

But resetting the software date in the computer did! I told the computer the actual "software date" was a date before that damaging download. The computer reset its date AND THE DOWNLOAD NO LONGER EXISTED AND THE COMPUTER WORKED PROPERLY.

I'm trying this method now with my OCD'D brain.I was absolutely fine and working on all cylinders until a trigger got through my defences and my brain responded to it.

So I'm telling my brain that the trigger was a software download that caused it distress, and I'm resetting my brain date to a date just before the trigger (when I was absolutely fine).I'm telling it the trigger therefore is defused because it doesn't exist!

Sometimes the most effective ideas are the most simple ones. How many of us have said - "I wish I hadn't sought re-assurance through googling that issue - I'm worse off now than I was before that".

So if we try the taurean "time machine" method, maybe that trigger will not exist?

:cool: :original:

Edited by taurean