Has any one has intrusive thoughts over flying

I have intrusive thoughts of harm the last four years and only harm!! I'm getting on a flight tommmorw which is 10 hours long and I'm having thoughts that the plane is going to crash example eg my sister said your have a lovely time and I had a thought if I get there or someone say when you get there and I will have a thought I won't get there the plane is doom your gonna crash are they intrusive thoughts because I've only had them about harming nothing else' and I'm so scared never been so scared in my life' and it's funny because since I've had the plane ones I've had no harms thoughts I'm having images and all sorts ?

Hope your all well! Feed back would be great

Thanks h x

Guest EMEGirl

Its true that anyone can fear flying and what might happen. However if you want something to possibly ease this distractions are best. Such as:

- reading

- watching a movie

- talking to people

- eating

- doing puzzles

I find that colouring does help distract my mind an awful lot and really helps. Other things you can do is day dream positively , perhaps choose a topic such as girl names and go through every letter in the alphabet to find a girl name for each letter. Anything that will distract your mind from wondering and thinking of these thoughts. Other possible helps are herbal remedies such as rescue remedy products these can also help ease your mind. Perhaps if it is a long flight take some herbal remedies that will help you relax or sleep as sleeping can make the flight a lot easier.

Try to look forward to getting there and distraction is the key.

Remember you have more chance getting killed by a donkey than your plane crashing.

Good Luck

:)