OCD and dating

I've recently came out of a serious, long term relationship - 1 week after that my CBT started and I'm struggling.

However I've been thinking - in the future (long way in the future) when/if I can ever think about being with someone else, would it better to hope to meet someone who has OCD too?

Like, I've had thoughts where I'm like "it'd be good to meet a Mental Health Nurse, cos then they should hopefully 'get me' more and I'll not have to worry about telling them".. but then im thinking, is that right to think that?

What's your thoughts?

Guest roseanne

i dont think that would be good. i am glad i am the only one with ocd in this relationship. my husband is understanding and patient though. sometimes its hard. but my best friend has ocd which is easier for me and her.

if two people in a relationship have ocd it could go completely wrong though. imagine you guys have ocd in a way that is not compatible with one another. lets say she has cleaning ocd and you have to have dirty socks laying around lol. or if you have the same kind you two could get lost in a loophole

I dont think it should matter either way as long you are compatible together ie personalities. My hubby doesnt have OCD (thankfully for me as I think for US this gives our child the right balance) but I cant ever talk to him about my issues as he doesnt understand. I feel very isolated and wish he was more open about it.