Anyone with pocd please answer me

Guest scared.com

Guest scared.com

Does anyone look at children or babys legs and their mind makes them believe they r sexy.i keep looking at my little girl and i think that but when i check i always come to the conclusion that they r cute not sexy but can ocd change how u see things like make it look like its something else when its not.i can understand thoughts tjay pop inbut if u look at something n see that it cant b ocd.i find it sickening to even think this x

This is your ocd talking. To get better you really need to see these thoughts as exaggerated anxious thoughts caused by ocd. They do not represent the person you are. It is cruel ocd at play, the bully. Accept and anticipate the thoughts, relabel.as ocd and do not engage in them or offer yourself reassurance. Distract. Take carexx. I don't have this type of ocd but it is extremely common.

Guest scared.com

I know i just find it hard coz if u look at ur husband and think hes good looking u see and think it but when j look at a child and get a thought and u look and its like u see it that way how can that be ocd i hate it cz im not like that but i wana say awww how cute not sexy o just didnt no if ocd can.sort.of distort what u see if that makes sense x

Guest Leighbee

Hi Scared.com

I suffer from POCD and your OCD mind can make you see think feel whatever it wants to to make you believe what you are seeing, feeling or thinking is true. It scares you cos its not really you, what you have to do is try and just recognise that you seeing this is part of your OCD symptons and not the true you.

Leigh xx

I suffer from pocd , it's normal to look at a child and feel ah he/she is cute , what OCD does is try and trick ur mind into something horriable twisting ur very normal feelings into bad one for eg. Sexy or whatever , the thoughts are harmless but upsetting try and let the thoughts flow through ur mind .

Guest scared.com

I just find it so hard to accept.is it nornal to have a image flash in quick and a feeling and thought rhat u like it i no deep down i dont but feels so geuine and when my little girl is in baby sling with her dad and shes near that are it sets of thoughts amd it makes.me believe its cz.im aroused i just hate feeling this way and im bk to work today and i hate it. I was having cbt with a therapist but am now gone higher to secondary care and having it with a clinical pyschologist.just upsets me but im like just ocd but why do i see thinga and get feelings and thoughts as if i like it ot makes me sick does neone else get this.i face my fear n look after my daughter every day coz i love her but obv i.dnt look at her n b repulsed i think her whole body is adorable from bum too moo moo to legs is that wrong? I just dont know if i am gna beat this.its ruining my marriage and me.i was a dif person a year and half ago n now a shell of me

You will get better and you will learn how do deal with these thoughts , I promise it gets easier but it will take time .

I recomend the obsessive thoughts by pardon and Clark .

Also don't about gronial responses its part of the condition , caused by anxiety

Xx fefee

Guest Lostie

I suffer from this ocd. Even going down the town like did only 2 hours ago was a nightmare for me because of course there were children everywhere and my head and mood were just wrecked by it. Your not alone don't worry

Guest scared.com

Just it feels like ur aroused and like it and i dont but feels so real.i do accept it and.some days i dont just struggle and i dont understand why i wud look at say a pic n automatically its like im stopping myself from lookin below the waste do u fink its cz i dont want too its makin me.i fight it every day with my little i love her millions but i just want her to have a mum who doesnt have this x

What obsessive thoughts ? , checking for gronial responses

OCD is not just thoughts that feel real , it feels real in ur body

My first obsession when I was 14 years old I thought I bad sprit had possscessed me ! Extremely frightening for a teenager .

My compulsion was to check my hand for signs I was possscessed , I focused constantly on my hand night and day .

Focusing on my hand caused it pulsate reforming the belief that I was pocessed .

Eventually I

got over this obsession and relised it was load of baloney .

Now the same happened when I got pocd I started checking my groin for signs that I was arroused it was a automactic response to the thought and everybody with pocd does it .

Its called checking same as checking doors or cookers etc , peeps with pocd check their bodies . So when g.p happened at first I was terrified but then I thought damn sure I not going to fall for this trick again and accepted g.ronial respons as anxiety response to my thoughts and honestly it doesnt ever bother me , just the thoughts thought iam still working on .

Hope my experience helps

The whole image of a baby's peachy bottom is something that even advertisors latch on to and is used all the time to advertise nappies etc. Phrases like "She/He's so gorgeous I could just eat her" is a phrase used by parents all the time.

Your thoughts are universally held by most parents...."your" response is distorted by OCD.

What you're asking for (and we're providing) is reassurance. I think more than any other form of OCD , one's fear about doubting thoughts about ones child has to be amongst one of the most troubling. But there comes a point where we have to stop reassuring.

You are an OCD sufferer, who's OCD has latched on to one of your scariest fears. Read these posts, try and accept the responses you've had and then LABEL, LABEL, LABEL the thought for what it is. A false error message, an intrusive thought, a thought/feeling that isn't real but is a product of an anxiety condition...and then be prepared to defy it, ignore it and carry on.

This isn't you lady.....it's part of an illness :)

Caramoole

Guest scared.com

Thank you so much i do know this i just want to beable to accept it i hate it loads...and i agree i used to get a feeling in my hand as if i was going to reach out and now i no its anxiety. Thank u everyone i really hope i get better i really do x

Guest scared.com

I know you said my head distorts it but is that throught my eyes like i today i look at her legs and it feels i think they look sexy but when i check and check im like no i dnt do i i always found babies legs cute and.never till last year thought anyfing of it so can ocd make u actually look and feel and think that and it look like that....is that what u mean by distortion? Xx

• 2 years later...

I had this and now I have moved on to a different ocd theme. You have to not care whether you looked or not. Its just a thought, it doesn't effect anyone but you. Either you take the thought seriously and get upset, or you just say "so what? ".

I know it is so so hard but you can try to figure out all day what you felt and it won't help you. What would be better for your daughter- spmeone who loves her but cant be kind to her because shes too afraid? Or someone who thinks bad things but in reality always treats her well? She doesn't care what you're thinking, only what you do. For both of your sake, you need to try hard to act like normal no matter what you're thinking. It can help woth this to be kind to yourself as well. You're not evil. Imagine someone who is kind to you. Now imagine that they occasionally think bad things about you. You would never know. Even if you did know, would you wish your suffering on them? Wouls you want them to be punished forever? Or would you think " this is a kind person, I like them, and they deserve to be happy. I dont care what they are thinking!" Give yourself the same love you would give someone else x I hope things get better for you. Keep fighting and dont give up!