Not sure if I acted on thoughts or not

Yesterday while at work I was bagging clothes for a couple with their kid & I feel like I should have put the bag on the other side of the counter instead of the one where the kid & the parents were. I don't know why I put it on that side of the counter instead of the other side when there were still clothes to bag on the side I put it on. I just feel like I acted on a thought due to the uncomfortable feeling I guess I had due to thoughts like the kid was going to reach for the bag to grab it right near where I was. I just feel everything needs to be precise with what's going on in my head or I feel like I'm acting on a thought or something. Also, while walking into work there was a mom leaving with her kid & I saw some girl I work with walking by & I guess thought she was possibly going to walk in my direction & felt myself for a split second move in the direction where the kid was. I just hate having to always question myself in these type of situations. It's like every single movement I have & everything has to be right or else I question it.

Edited by NJ321

What do you want us to say, NJ? This is the same old thing for you. You've told us about these types of things many times now. We offer advice but you don't seem to want to take that advice. What would you like us to say to you?

What do you want us to say, NJ? This is the same old thing for you. You've told us about these types of things many times now. We offer advice but you don't seem to want to take that advice. What would you like us to say to you?

I don't know. I guess I was just looking for reassurance which I know I shouldn't be doing.

So what do you think you should be doing about these latest two incidents and what are you going to do in the future when similar inevitably crops up?

I guess to ignore them & try not to think about it & do the same for whenever it happens again. It's just hard not to sometimes when you're mind works against you & questions everything.

It's hard but it's what you have to do. It's nothing more than OCD intruding into a normal day. You're just going along, doing normal things, and a kid triggers you. Every time there's a kid present. You move some part of your body, which is perfectly normal, and you get an intrusive thought that there is something evil or sexual to that movement. In response you probably ruminate over it and who knows what else. It's all OCD.

You need to start getting tough with your disorder. This has happened time and time again for you. Every time you get caught up in it, as if its the first time it happened to you. But it's not. It's the same old thing, time after time. You have to realize next time its just your OCD acting up. Then you need to ignore the intrusive thought and keep going on with your day. Refuse to get caught up in the rumination trap. If you're doing any other compulsions you need to identify them and work hard to stop them. Don't play OCD's game.

It's hard but it's what you have to do. It's nothing more than OCD intruding into a normal day. You're just going along, doing normal things, and a kid triggers you. Every time there's a kid present. You move some part of your body, which is perfectly normal, and you get an intrusive thought that there is something evil or sexual to that movement. In response you probably ruminate over it and who knows what else. It's all OCD.

You need to start getting tough with your disorder. This has happened time and time again for you. Every time you get caught up in it, as if its the first time it happened to you. But it's not. It's the same old thing, time after time. You have to realize next time its just your OCD acting up. Then you need to ignore the intrusive thought and keep going on with your day. Refuse to get caught up in the rumination trap. If you're doing any other compulsions you need to identify them and work hard to stop them. Don't play OCD's game.

True, yeah I just have to somehow not let it get to me & to just get on with my day.