not a good day

Guest elisa bear

Guest elisa bear

Hi guys, had a bad day today got through work, got someone to walk my little angel dog as i was 2 scared. The whole time he was out walking i was trying to mentally prepare myself for his return and of course all i could imagine was hurting him when he came in the door. When he came back we went outside to play with his new toy kept thinking i was being to rough with him while playing i dont know what to beleive anymore. Was so stressed i thought i was going to fall over wen trying to play and had a small panic attack, later on i was giving him some ham slices and everytime he went get ham out of my palm i went like my hand was hurting his nose :-( went to say goodnite to him a while ago and was trying to be really soft and gentle with him but feel like i always hurt him so lost and dont even know what i am anymore how can this be me? Sorry for the ridiculously long post, Elisa.

I agree with PB :) I know it's scary....but play with your dog, give him a hug and be brave. Ignore the scary thoughts and do it anyway.

I used to have massive issues around my dogs..... I don't anymore. If I'd played by OCD's rules I'd still have those issues and many more to add to the catalogue.

You are anxious anyway.....so be anxious whilst defying those doubts and avoidances. Every time you defy the thoughts you are taking back control.

Trust me....you can do this :hug:

Caramoole

Guest elisa bear

Thanks caramoole and polarbear, spent most of the evening playing with my dog had a few thoughts wen i was but tried to carry on, gave him a small pet a few times still afraid i was rubbing him to hard but im gonna continue to try to ignore the bad thoughts, thanks for getting back to me ye were really helpful;-)