A little confused...

Guest Nattters

Guest Nattters

Hiya, I'm just curious to know if anyone ever thinks that what they are going though isn't real and in fact they have made it up to gain some form of attention. I'm completely unsure how real any of this is. Also does anyone get reality and fiction muddled up e.g think dreams are real? And, can OCD cause rapid mood swings e.g go from being happy one minute to crying the next as I struggle to control my emotions and feel that sometimes I have to laugh hysterically instead of crying!? Thanks for all replies ?

Guest eden1616

Well i do/have all of those things but i have also been diagnosed with other conditions/mental illnesses too so i cant say which is responsible so it could be ocd but sorry i am not much help.

Although the thinking you are seeking attention part definitely sounds like ocd.

Edited by eden1616
can OCD cause rapid mood swings e.g go from being happy one minute to crying the next

I think one of my medications made me like this - i seemed really hyper and could go from over the top laughing and being silly to over the top tears and fears. My GP called it disinhibition - but I certainly was all over the place.

Guest eden1616

What other mental health problems do you have? Thanks

I have depression, GAD, social anxiety and there is now a possibility of BPD