al54 clomipramine/anafranil update

Guest al54

Hi

have been away for some time...

In a nutshell: Have suffered from 'music looping' (songs/tunes/music going around in my head) for most of my life and finally decided to take medication about 6 months or so ago. First 3 weeks had lots of unpleasant side-effects but these eventually diminished - except for extreme fatigue which more or less resulted in me falling asleep about 2-3 pm every day! The Clomipramine helped to some extent; some days I was almost 'normal' and other days were just bearable. I kept in touch wth my GP and she decided I should take 2 x 25mg/day.....

anyway to cut a long story short I decided to quit taking this medication because I just couldn't cope with the constant fatigue/lethargy which had been making my life more miserable than the OCD! So here I am - more or less back to square one and wondering what to do next. I'm considering different medication but I think most of these will result in the same problems.

Quick word of warning! I stupidly stopped taking Clomipramine instantly and suffered unpleasant withdrawal symptons, etc. I'm more or less OK now but I suffered for 3 or 4 weeks.

Anyway that's it so best wishes to all...

al54

Guest kirk27

Hi. am five weeks into this medicine, i had everything you described yes it knocked me out to but after the first two weeks its ok .

kirk

i was on this medication for over a year i think i cant remember then i got took off it last november. i didnt think it was working but boy was i wrong i got really worse last november and added more worries to my ocd which are still here now. then i went on lustral and was very ill for two weeks then i got took off them about 3 weeks ago and ive got worse again lol so yay im ****** up now.