Hard to work out what is OCD and what is a genuine worry?

So I'm fndng it hard to decipher between OCD/anxiety and genuine, fair worries. My worry is that I lost a piece of paper in work today which had two codes on it (my password and printer ID). Without my login name I'm pretty sure no one can log in - in fact it probably just looks like a jumble of random numbers and letters, however at home I can also not find another tiny slip of paper which had all my login details on it i.e. username, password and printer ID (not sure whether I dropped it out of a handbag or something ???) so I don't know whether my worry that someone will logon is OCD or genuine worry?

Worry overall is not a good thing. All you do is spin your anxiety wheels and not get anywhere. I think people with OCD, because it's an anxiety based disorder, are more prone to worry than others. The question is, what you are worrying about presently, is it OCD based or not?

There's not a lot of difference. Generally with OCD you have an intrusive thought that causes you distress and you feel compelled to carry out a compulsion. Ask yourself, does that relate to the current situation? Other than that, it doesn't really matter. Worrying about the lost slips of paper won't make them magically appear and won't make your situation any better. Talk to the tech people and get your password reset to something else. Problem solved and no need to worry.