Don't want this life anymore

Recently I've just become so incredibly tired and exhausted with no will to do anything,the days feel like a week I just wish for the evenings to come so I can go to bed a early as possible,I'm not living a life it's just an existance,you've gotta ask yourself whats the point?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be that bad, Bruce. I think many here can empathize.

I know you'll think I am a terrible nag, but I am very worried about you and don't see how anything will change unless you are able to alter what you are eating. I am not saying good food (and exercise) guarantees you'll feel very differently, but clearly you are slipping into deeper despair existing (you're right, it's not living) as you are.

Hi Bruce

I was there too. It is the rumination that makes you feel so bad.

Try to resist it for just 1 day. After that tell me if it works. I think it does.

Try it Bruce just 1 day.

Nolu

I go through this myself. I'm not suicidal because I couldn't do that to my family however at times I'm literally existing. All I want to do is sleep I don't eat properly when I'm like that and just eat for necessity eg big bar of chocolate. I often feel like I have no standard of life. Just wanted you to know you are 100% not alone. I'm disgusted to even say this but at times I've wished I had a different illness one that they could treat

Yes I often wish I had something else,I read an article about a guy who had ocd and cancer,he said if he could get rid of one he'd choose to get rid of the ocd,as he'd rather live his remaining 6 months ocd free rather than a lifetime of suffering from ocd,I can relate to that I'd happily live a much shortened lifespan but without ocd.

Bruces I'm very sorry you're still struggling so badly my friend but I think you really need to see someone else asap,the meds you're on if you still are don't seem to be helping or having any effect either.I don't see why you can't try another med because I don't think you trying something else health wise can do you any damage at all.There are so many meds out there that you haven't surely tried& even in combinations there is something or more than one medication that can&surely will help you feel better& I do feel that is what you need urgently my friend :original: .

All I want to do is sleep I don't eat properly when I'm like that and just eat for necessity eg big bar of chocolate. I often feel like I have no standard of life. Just wanted you to know you are 100% not alone. I'm disgusted to even say this but at times I've wished I had a different illness one that they could treat

I expect many here will think I am being harsh, but I only say this because I have been deeply depressed when eating badly. It's a vicious cycle, as the more depressed we feel, the more we crave bad things and the less incentive we have to eat well.

We cannot expect therapy and medication to work miracles if our bodies (and especially our brains) are craving the nutrients they desperately need.

Medication can adjust chemical imbalances but nothing is as vital as the correct balance of vitamins and minerals. Also, although we may feel chocolate etc., and alcohol, give us something to live for, they are really doing the opposite.

Edited by Tricia

Tricia is right, it's possible that the resason medications don't work is that the diet lacks the chemicals from which the body makes serotonin and other neurotransmitters in the first place. A serotonin re-uptake inhibitor won't do much good if there's insufficient serotonin being made in the first place. Sugar is also bad for mental health, because it lowers levels of BDNF.

bruces, you must qualify for the National Service for Refractory OCD. Have you pressed your doctor about this?

Edited by anatta

Hey Bruces

I am sorry you are having a bad time but you will defintely get well soon..

I know exactly how you are feeling..

I also feel like i have existance not life..but dont worry everything will be alright..you are not alone....get more help and get on i know its easier said than done..but try.

Take Care

Hi Bruce

I am sorry to here you are still struggling. But to be honest the way you punishing your self by saying where you would like to be are not going to make you fell any better.

Try to take a mindful approach by accepting where you are right now.

Have you tried to stop ruminating?

Nolu