Morbid jealousy only in specific situations

Guest Carefree

Guest Carefree

Hi,

English is not my first language.

OCD is running in the family, luckily I suffer the least. I live a carefree life for years but when it's triggered it's swinging wild.

I am currently in such a situation: I was together with a girl I met on -yes- the dating app Tinder and we quickly got into a relationship, 3 months after, we broke up (I ended it because of unrelated things) but we ended up being good friends afterwards. We started seeing each other more often and even went to a public sauna. We have great times together. It happened we kissed at the end of the day but nothing else happened 'because we have to see where this goes to again'.

Now, doing this for about 2 months I feel very close to her in my mind but she is logically still very reluctant. In fact she is honest to say she is considering many aspects in her life right now and is also going on a Tinder date I recently discovered by simply asking her. The idea of her going into a date is just killing me. At the time I know she is going on a date, or on a day I don't know what she is doing at night my mind is going crazy. What is she doing now? Where would she be? Will I loose her to some guy? She is deeply honest but also is not saying everything not to hurt me, I know, because I have found out about that recent date which she didn't tell me about. However, when I ask her, she tells me but I hate being the control guy and so does she...

I really suffer from this situation and in times of whatsapp where you can see who's online that really doesn't help. My mind makes super quick assumptions I can't control anymore.

I had the exact same situation 1 year ago. The girl is out of my mind and in hindsight it irrelevant and will this probably but still... I am losing weight at a fast pace shaking uncontrollably sometimes while my life is really very carefree when NOT in a relationship or a stable relationship where you see each other regularly. (not long distance because that would be impossible for me to cope with)

So, my OCD is dormant for years and then kicks in... what to do??!

Guest Tricia

I suffered a terrible jealousy obsession and was a physical and mental wreck due to it. I found medication helped somewhat, but I also tried to focus on the moment.

I can't say that mindfulness or the medication cured me, but the obsession became less intense. I don't have it at all now, thank goodness.

Edited by Tricia
Guest Carefree

Thank you. I have a lot of spare time unfortunately due to my pleasant job situation. For now, it is killing me and I need a focus on something else. Staring out of the window for 4 hours is not normal.