please help me beat it once and forever!

Guest pleasehelpp

Guest pleasehelpp

The question "If your ..... and a .... were in danger, and you could only save one, which would you choose?"

my ocd driving me crazy. please help me .

my mother - my lover

my favorite artist comic - my boss

my dad - my good friend .

and so much...

i felt so guilty for my artist and my lover

i dont want anyone die...

my boss is nice with me but my dont want my artist die. i likes my artist verry much!!!

I feel like I will choose boss. but i dont want my artist die.

i feel like if these things really happend i will choose my boss. i felt verry guilty for my artist.

i feel like i will choose my mother but i dont want my lover die... OMGGG

I feel guilty. I wonder if these things really happened...my artist my lover will die????

please help me im crazy.

Edited by pleasehelpp

Hey i also have the same problem and its ocd tricks,when those thoughts come dont try to answer them,they are random ocd thoughts,without meaning...and no one will die because of a mere thought in logic

take care

Guest Himmel

You describe it so well what is going on in our heads - us with magical thinking. I have the same thing going. It is horrible. Mine is about my kids and its painful.

Thoughts poping up constantly about choosing them to have a good life and be safe always and never be seperated from me.

Mine is so crazy that it is mainly about choosing a life after this. And I know why it is constructed that Way it is because I know they will have a good one in this life and I can protect them. Though I can get thoughts of what if I die, get sick, both parents die or they get sick.

So my ocd goes on:

Who do you choose to get the Best life? Who do choose to have a life with you again? Do you get a better life and they get a horrible one? What destiny do er get. If you try to make A ritual that saves the one dont you love the other As much?

So I constantly have to save them and make sure they will become my sons again and we will get a wonderful loving life. It is very difficult not to save them and leave the thought because I worry then they will get another parent or A horrible life. And I to feel guilty of having the thoughts.

The exposures which I have to do otherwise this will take over my life are all so unpleasent because I have to Think of loosing them. But I keep on trying to do them.

And I know who I would choose - them both. And I would also sacrifise my self for them both to have A good life.

So I feel your pain. The trick is not to listen, and label it ocd.

And talk about it here so we can support each other. Himmel

Guest pleasehelpp

thank you all.

If you try to make A ritual that saves the one don't you love the other As much?

yes . my artist - my uncle

i dont want my artist die .

I liked his product - comic.

but my uncle . My uncle has provided some money to feed my childhood. although my little contact with his.

i dont want my artist die...but i think "if he is me. he will choose. I think he will choose uncle."

and if I do not choose my uncle. I would be ungrateful.

then... i choose my uncle ...

but...i think again "but my artist ...

I use his products every day"

he will hate me ??? if he know i choose my uncle

he will said : "i dont like you . dont use my products "

i dont want my artist die ... oh no

but my uncle?? He gave me a house because my family once very poor?

i felt like . if these things really happend i will choose my uncle.

but my artist?? he will die?

i dont want but i can only choose one...

i dont want anyone die.

sorry my english.

Guest Himmel

Stop, stop you need to take a step back. Right now your ocd has taken over and your brain is spinning. This discussion in your brain is only ocd and you need to stop it. It has nothing to do with reallity.

You cannot deside who will live and who will die even though it feel that way. You dont have to choose, it is not how it Works even thoug ocd wants us to think that way. Its just something ocd has invented in your brain because it scares you and keep ocd alive.

Its like ocd has its own life and wants to survive, like a plant when you put Water on it grows but if you dont pay it any attention it will dry out.

Ocd creates a content that freaks us out and creates anxiety. It take advanges of the Things we love or our moral. It is constantly scanning for new themes that you will react on that is why ocd often changes theme when you get rid of one.

Right now both you and I react to these thoughts because they scare us. We do not ever want to choose, we want to choose everyone. So it plays with us. We need to stop listen and make an exposure.

Mine is to shortly think that I will Loose my kids and then do nothing just feel the fear. And I have to do this 50 times a day - then my brain will get retrain and think "Oh now himmel is not reacting to these thoughts anymore, then they might not be important, so I will stop sending her those images, feelings and thoughts".

You should shortly think I choose my uncle and then do nothing. Because nothing will happen even though it feels like that.

If it workd like that that I could choose my kids in a next life or give them a bad destiny shouldnt their farther have the same power? So what if he choose a nother life for them than I then what? It is not possible. What if my mother had that power then she would choose somethingelse and it might not be the same as I choose. And shouldnt my kids have a saying of their own Destiny. What if I choose them and they dont want me then what. So conclusion is I cannot choose a life for others its all nonsense.

Do you think others go around and choose wheter or not you are going to die and can decide this? No you dont. ANd thats the trick with ocd. We only think it is us who have this power.

The strange thing is that I can write this to you and say that nothing will happen because I know that for all others thoughts do not have this power. Thoughts only have the power to make us happy or sad, full of energy or drain for energy. But the funny thing is when it comes to my own ocd I am still doing some rituals and scared - but thats just ocd. Everyone feels this way about their own theme.

So do exposures for the rest of the week starting now! And see what happens. I will do the same and then we can write at the end of the week to see how it went.

And by my rituals, I donot have to choose between them, I have to prevent this and I choose them both while doing a metal ritual. But I am stopping this more and more and that helps me to see the real World more and more.

Himmel

Guest Himmel

One more thing. I know your thoughts are very painful and feels real. And I know they are very difficult to beat. But it is possible.

I know we keep trying to find evidence that thoughts dont Work this way or try to have disussions in our mind about - can it be true or not, do it Work this way or not, are there Scientific proof that it Works this way. But this discussion does not help us. We just have to stop the discussion and take the risk that nothing will happen.

Millions and millions of times I have got my rituals right and saved my kids. Millions of times I have had nice, good thoughts and whiches for me and my kids - dont they count? It must be those who come true. Why can just one bad thought decide my Destiny? We do ocd only focus on the negative ones and think that it is them that come true when I have had nice thoughts a million times. - The answer is because that is how ocd Works, it is only driven by anxiety and has nothing to do with reallity. I do not get scared of thinking I will always live happily, rich and healthy with my kids so those thoughts can pop up without fear. It is only due to me reacting on the thoughts with fear that keeps this going. It is nonsense that only one bad thought should eliminate 1 good one or a 1000 good ones. It does not make sense. And it does not make sense that I constantly prevent us from any bad Destiny, nobody else does this. And it prevents me from living and I do not want that. So I take the risk of stopping my rituals one small step by the other.

In the end a good thought must out battle a bad one. The purpose of the World/life must be that as many people as possible have a happy life and treat each other nice.

So fight it or else you can spend the rest of your life thinking these thoughts.

Himmel

Guest pleasehelpp

Thank you verry much Himmel. your post help me a lot .

god bless for you. and all people here . nidu and polarbear .

thank you verry much Himmel .

people here and you give my power. sorry my english . but thank all and verry much.