please read - i can't take anymore - Hebiphilia normal - no way

Just read that DSM tried to get hebiphilia in as a pariphillia. Chap called Ray Blanchard who led the pariphillia task force.

I also read that some quite senior figures like Frances Allen and Karen Franklin stating hebiphilia normal. That is, to like pubescent girls is normal albeit under age of consent is criminal.

I can't take it anymore - my OCD now tells me that my OCD is all a lie and all i am doing is denying normal.

I don't and I read a lot of other professional people don't accept it is normal to be attracted to pubescent girls, say 11-14.

No way.

I am trembling, crying, shaking, feeling sick. I can't go on.

And how did you find that info out

Same way as i did by searching as a checking your normal compulsion

Ive been exactly where you are

And you know what,maby ill never know for sure,maby im a hebephile,maby im not,i sure as hell wouldnt act on it

hi mate,

sorry to hear you travelled that way too. feel same way. Thanks for replying. Yep - searching alright. Started with all the stuff about phallometric testing etc then i went down this route. Days now. No sleep - you know it.

I know that lot's of professionals inc Blanchard and others have requested clarity on that stating it ain't normal. I don't accept it as normal but do see the grey ish.

i think perhaps the one's saying normal mean post puberty as in could be a range of ages and best let law sort it out.

Edited by njb

ICD 10 shows paedophilia as pre-pubescent or early pubescent.....not same as DSM and therefore not same as Franklin and Allen etc saying Hebephile normal.

Stop searching! You are performing a big compulsion when you search this stuff out on the Internet. That's OCD. You think if you just find more information you'll feel better but you won't. It will just drag you down further. It's like a black hole that you must try to escape.

You're dealing with OCD. You've got obsessions (intrusive thoughts) that cause you distress. You're performing compulsions as a result. Realize you are dealing with OCD and treat it as OCD.

Its normal to have some attraction to 15 plus and some 13 and 14 y olds look way older. U are only hepiphile when u sre only attracted to this age group.

I have had the same ocd and polar bear is correct,ocd and treat it as ocd

Guest Otloz

As someone, who has had the exact same theme, I guarantee you that things will get a lot clearer and you will feel better, when you stop researching. It only seems relevant to you now, because you're attaching so much meaning to it through OCD. It wouldn't be OCD if it weren't so confusing.

Just stop googling. A large part of Pure-O is getting hung up on somewhat abstract and vague concepts.

Edited by Otloz