I'm so scared

Guest munkyle

Guest munkyle

I'm scared that this is not ocd and i'm losing my mind, this post might be a compulsion but i have no CBT arranged and I'm scared to forget anything cause i freak out, any help?

I think one of the most common fears with OCD is that it isn't OCD & the thoughts actually mean something. For example, people with harm themed OCD might worry they don't have OCD but are in fact evil people who wish to do harm to others.

The best advice I can offer you, is to try & calm your thoughts, distract yourself for a bit & when you feel a bit more stable, educate yourself as best you can on OCD & try to identify aspects of it in yourself (Obsessions, compulsions, ruminations, triggers, etc). It can take a bit of trial & error, but when you start a compulsion & then catch yourself, it's like 'oh right, this is a compulsion', it can help get on top of it :original:

Guest munkyle

Thanks, my dominate obsession, is/was POCD and i worry that I am schizophrenic and just cant remember what i've done, this is so hard I feel afraid to talk to people incase they bring up things that i don't remember, as in my mind that gives my fears ammo, when in fact i have just forgot something, i find myself constantly checking my memory

Guest munkyle

I realised the checking memory as a compulsion today, also like if i heard wind i would i think thats wind, like checking reassuring what i heard

I'm similar to you in that I fear 'going mad' and am afraid that I may have done things that I don't remember and will be exposed as an awful person. Stopping myself before ruminating begins (which I never had the strength to do before) has really helped me with this. The ruminating and checking was just feeding it and making it worse. I feel the best I have for ages thanks to the advice on this forum.