Music and Songs :-)

Guest imalright

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest heartplace

Still Alive by Bigbang...k-pop group, you have to read the English translation of the lyrics to understand what it's about. It's like a pep talk for me when I'm depressed or going through a rough patch of OCD. I especially like the line, "I may seem like I'm dying but I won't die." Lol for some reason that kind of makes me feel better.

Sometimes sad songs feel kind of comforting to me, I guess because it feels like the one singing understands how I feel or something.

Guest lizinlondon

I am really into George Ezra at the moment, keep listening to his song Budapest and it makes me happy. Also anything by Arctic Monkeys gets me feeling stronger to tackle OCD. I feel music is very important to me.

Guest Gale1982

Ken Peplowski and Frank Vignola's performance of Tiger Rag - Feels like running down a really steep hill.

The universe Song by Monty Python - Puts my world into perspective.

Lullaby of Birdland by Sarah Vaughan - Impossible not to feel better after hearing this.

I know that's three but its as close to one as I could get.

Guest imalright

Aaaw man - these are fantastic! Thanks for sharing - I love music and believe it to be the best cure sometimes :-Dxx

I think a lot of my favourites come from the 90s....takes me back to happy times/my youth!

:)))))

Arctic Monkeys help with some mad dancing when things get tough too hahaha!

Love to hear any more - I'll be able to create a healing playlist lol

:)x

Guest lizinlondon

90s is good for me too, especially rave and house. I like your photo - "If it's not alright, it's not the end". I will remember this one :original:

Guest imalright

Aaaw lizinLondon....I'll take a bit of your 90s house/rave any time! Some of the old classics really pick me up when i'm having a 'shakey moment' as I call them lol.

They don't make them like that anymore!

#gettingold :-/

90s is good for me too, especially rave and house.

Do tell us more Liz :original:

I am probably not as old as you hehehe, but yeah for me, house/rave of the 80s & then onto Jungle & early drum & bass were the best.

Liz & Imalright, tunes like this did it for me at the start, so check it out if you get chance to. DJ Atomico 'Herbie' - Atomic House

Guest imalright

90s....the undertones....yes....you're all speaking my language! :-Dxx

I was on the club scene far too young in the 90s (we all were really - we used to dress up older and get in to clubs!)

Some of the dance that was around in 94-97 - I still think sounds amazing today.

They really don't make them like that anymore :-/ occasionally, a new artist gives a nod to the 90s and I get all excited....aaah...take me back to 1997!

I didn't have OCD then either lol

Xx

Guest lizinlondon

Late 90s was my era too. I loved it. They don't make tunes like that anymore! Luckily I have 100s of vinyl and CDs, I will never part with them. I was also a house music DJ from 1999 to 2004, and played clubs in London. I totally loved it. I think that is why I did not have OCD then, my life was music, records and DJing, I had no time for OCD!

Guest imalright

Liz.....I am like.....SO impressed with your message!

What?! That's amazing?!

That is an absolute dream - playing clubs at that time...you are so lucky! I would've loved to have done something like that. I'd be telling everyone haha!

Do you not do anything like that now??

Xx

Guest lizinlondon

Unfortunately OCD is so severe I don't doing anything like it but I did keep my decks and 1000 records .... I will take them to the grave with me lol

Yeah it was brilliant and I have lots of happy memories. That is one thing that is pulling me though my OCD therapy, that I want to play my decks and records. Maybe one day I will do an Old Skool gig!!!

Guest imalright

Well you let me know if you do your old skool gig and I'll be there haha! :-)))

Well that's just amazing....perhaps.....something to aim for as you recover....imagine that! :-D I'd just live off all those memories me - to be a DJ playing all of that stuff must've been awesome! And - DJs back then did it properly ;) they actually had decks....mixed stuff. Actually did it with their hands...it's all bloody computer now >:/ is it?! Lol - I'm 33 and posting like I'm 80!

Impressed - do you still have a go at your decks just as a hobby? X

Guest lizinlondon

I have contamination OCD, so can't actually touch them at the moment. It is pretty tragic what mental illness can do to our lives. Using my decks and records is one of my exposures, and I am definately going to do it. I listen to my old mix CDs and it really gives me a reason to get better. Am still in the early stages.of CBT and meds, I left it too long to get help. But I am 100% determined to get better and get my life back :)

Well you let me know if you do your old skool gig and I'll be there haha! :-)))

Well that's just amazing....perhaps.....something to aim for as you recover....imagine that!

2nd that! lol

I am impressed to Liz! Good on ya.

I don't really class myself as having OCD back in the day either, instead more in the way of GAD really. I had some wild nights at clubs up London where the walls would sweat lol. Did you ever go to Blackmarket records Liz? The sound system was amazing.

x

Guest lizinlondon

Yes I loved all the London record shops. Went every week. I loved how they played loud music, and you could listen to the records. There is something about vinyl that you can't get with CDs or MP3s. Most of the old record shops went online. A big shame but I guess that is how the world is going ... maybe there will be online cyber raves in the future lol

Guest imalright

Well that's two of us coming to the 90s Old Skool celebration of your recover Liz haha!

Vinyl....love it. You know - I used to buy loads of it -loads of it from HMV! Up North, they suddenly stopped selling it a few years back now. Not sure if HMV even exist anymore on the high street! There are some record shops around manchester I go to x

And.....a day out shopping in the 90s included the music....going into a shop, buying a poster or a tshirt lol....picking up an album...going through the vinyl........now, you want an album, you press a button and it goes on your phone. Nothing to hold. Nothing to smell (second hand vinyl....lol....i get it!).

>:-/

#moanmoanmoan!

Can't complain really...can't live without the spotify app!

Do you have a favourite 90s track. Ever. In the world, both?? Or too hard?

;-)x