understanding

Ive had ocd for 20 years. Only recently been diagnosed which led me to a breakdown. I have a wife and children. A while back i couldnt face life anymore. Twice i went to hospital because i couldnt be left alone. Ive been getting help and just waiting on a list for cbt. My frustration is my wife, people around me dont really understand. To them its a case of pull yourself together. Does anyone relate to this?

Guest nicolam381318

Unfortunately, yes...but I don't think we can really expect anyone to fully understand if they haven't experienced OCD themselves. We can expect sympathy if not empathy, but I do think we have to be mindful of how difficult it must be to live with someone suffering with OCD. I know that I often put my husband through hell with all my behaviours. The forums are brilliant for support though - welcome, I've just noticed that this is your first post! We all completely understand what you are going through, especially the intense anxiety part which can be difficult for non-sufferers to fully comprehend. I really hope you find them useful!