Relationship OCD // in need of advice

Guest gracelouise123

Guest gracelouise123

I posted another topic on here a few days ago, and got a few replies. However I'm not having a very good day today and need some extra support. I've been with my boyfriend for a year and I'd happily spend a lifetime with him. However there has been some teasing about me and another guy 'liking' and 'fancying' each other and it's made my OCD go bonkers. I usually suffer with Intrusive Thoughts which I found particularly distressing, however this is worse. I keep telling myself I have feelings for this other boy, and not my boyfriend. And that I should break up with my current boyfriend. When I know losing him would end me. I've also found myself avoiding this other guy and that is not the correct thing to do. I need to expose myself to the fear, but it's so hard. Please any support would help. Thank you.

Guest Rachel_OJ

I do hope that you are doing better today. I'm almost too scared to offer advice as I don't want to say the wrong thing. You will get through this. We are all here to help and support you.

Guest gracelouise123

Thank you rachel, I hope you're doing okay too. Went out with my best friend today so it took my mind off of things but I'm sat panicking again and it's awful. How did your dr's appointment go?