I'm back

Guest DOA623

Guest DOA623

Hi guys. I'm back from my vacation feeling horrible. I know I told you guys that do talk to my parents about OCD as soon as I got back but I just can't do it. I don't know how they'll react and I'm just afraid. Yeah I know. I'm a horrible person.

Guest jayjay89

Hey

You can do it in your own time, it doesn't worry us :)

The only reason I would push you to tell your parents is so you can get some help.

How was the vacation?

Guest DOA623

Jayjay-

Thanks. :) I was just afraid everyone would be mad.

My vacation was pretty fun for most of it being with a 7 year old and some parts where with her brother too and some with our cousins and some with all four of them. And the 7 year old is the oldest. But it was still pretty fun for the most part.

Guest DOA623

Not yet. I have a little more than two weeks until I start. Other things have been going pretty normal but I'm auditioning for a play. I'm really anxious for it. ?

Guest jayjay89

Being anxious is normal! I'm sure you will do great, you are clearly a smart cookie.

I was in a play once, I tripped over my dress and face planted into the audience.

Lol.

How's your mood? Good after the break or ?

Guest DOA623

Aww that sounds horrible. But pretty funny. I'd probably die. Not sure if of laughing or embarrassment but I probably would. The audition is on Saturday and I'm singing "Pulled" from the Addams Family musical. My mood is pretty good considering the fact that I have school in less than a month. >:( I like school but it's too slow for me. Like a turtle. But I get to see everybody and take a few new classes. So that's fun. How have you been this summer?

Guest DOA623

And I just read something you said yesterday in the "Look for the positives today" post and it sounds like either you live somewhere very north or very south. Or global warming is a lie and it's actually global cooling that's happening.

Guest jayjay89

I live in the south of NZ lol, it's winter here!

Yeah it was pretty awful, quite embarrassing really. But on the other hand it did prove to me that the worst can happen and I won't die haha.

What do you think of the idea of a letter? It can be quite good as you don't have to be around while they are processing it initially

Guest jayjay89

See - we are full of good ideas. Another idea I had was to get a strip o gram to show up on their door step and sing a prepared message to them.... a letter is probably the best way to go though.

Hows your practising going?

Guest DOA623

Haha yeah. I auditioned last week but I didn't get in :( I'm okay though. I didn't really expect to get in. I feel really bad right now though because I promised my friend I wouldn't self harm but I did today :(

Guest jayjay89

Ah, self harm. My old favourite habit! Can I ask what you do? I'm only asking to make sure you aren't putting yourself at risk of infection (or death!) I used to cut my thighs. I don't recommend that because now that I am old, its a bit embarrassing to explain to men who might happen to see me with my pants off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DOA623

I cut my thighs because I don't want anyone to see. I didn't cut for almost my entire summer vacation. I make sure to clean blades though. I'm afraid to get infected. Things have been really hard... I'd explain but I have to sleep so I'll explain later.

Guest DOA623

Ok homework had been hard so I haven't had a lot of time so to explain it quickly my dad and step mom are having money issues and she took my step brother and my half sister and left and my mom doesn't have a lot if money either and I don't have a printer or anything so I have two late assignments and things are just being very difficult for me and in health class we are going to end up talking about anxiety disorders and depression and stuff and I'm worried about that for no real reason.

Guest jayjay89

Ok its a rough situation - but I am sure your parents have health insurance? They can get you a little bit of help from that

Don't take responsibility for the adults problems, they will figure it out.

How are you feeling at the moment?

Guest jayjay89

Ok, so you are not in the best spot, familywise, but maybe having a chat to your parents is a good way to move forward?

There are heaps of ways they can help you without spending a billion bucks on therapy.

Or even better perhaps they have insurance that will cover you for CBT :)