Bach remedies and professor Layton!

Guest Shannon

Guest Shannon

These subjects are not connected in any way, I just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

Previously, I have used Bach flower remedies, rescue remedy- I found it quite a nice little relief item to keep in my handbag. I am thinking of investing in another bottle but after looking on the website I see they do more specific remedies. In particular I found Cherry plum appropriate as it is for powerful and irrational fears- I wondered if anyone had used them? There are no guarantees anything like this works but if it just gives you a positive lift then perhaps worth a try. They are probably contraindicated in terms of taking with any medication but I don't take any and it is not for me personally.

As for Professor Layton, I am thinking of buying it- could be a useful refocus activity, all those puzzles!

Professor Layton - completely recommend ! If you like solving puzzles although not all make sense!

Personally I'm a fan! Not overly keen on the story element though !

Professor Laytons puzzles r hard!!!!

I have been using rescue remedy for a week, for when my Benzo's are wareing off, until next dose, does help slightly. Also have major issues sleeping so the last 2 days tried rescue night and its early days but is helping slightly. Getting 3-5 hours sleep which is a vast improvement.

Not tried anything else as not allowed due to the meds i'm on, not even allowed nytol...LOL

I like White Chestnut

For those who cannot prevent thoughts, ideas, arguments which they do not desire from entering their minds. Usually at such times when the interest of the moment is not strong enough to keep the mind full. Thoughts which worry and will remain, or if for a time thrown out, will return. They seem to circle round and round and cause mental torture. The presence of such unpleasant thoughts drives out peace and interferes with being able to think only of the work or pleasure of the day.

Emotional state

For a pattern of thoughts which constantly repeats and gives no rest to the mind, continual internal argument, worry and chatter, mental congestion. Thoughts circulate without resolution, going over and over the same conflict, preoccupation that obstructs clarity, a drama forever re-enacted in the mind and gives no rest. Symptoms may include tiredness, insomnia, confusion, depression, guilt feelings, repetition of a topic in conversation, lack of calmness, nervous worry, often causes headaches.

Guest Shannon

White chestnut sounds helpful and interesting. Maybe you can combine them to make a unique, personal combination- I will have a look into it x

Maybe you can combine them to make a unique, personal combination-

You can....that's what Rescue Remedy is, a combination of 5 of the remedies as below

Impatiens: For those who act and think quickly, and have no patience for what they see as the slowness of others. They often prefer to work alone. Teaches empathy and understanding of and patience with others. We’ve found it very fast-acting in alleviating an impatient attitude and lowering stress.

Star of Bethlehem: For trauma and shock, whether experienced recently or in the past. Teaches the ability to recover from traumas and to integrate them into the present life.

Cherry Plum: For those who fear losing control of their thoughts and actions and doing things they know are bad for them or which they consider wrong. Teaches trust in one’s spontaneous wisdom and the courage to follow one’s path.

Rock Rose: For situations in which one experiences panic or terror.

Clematis: For those who find their lives unhappy and withdraw into fantasy worlds. They are ungrounded and indifferent to the details of everyday life. Teaches one to establish a bridge between the physical world and the world of ideas; may foster great creativity. Is also used to bring clarity and alertness to the present moment.

You can find a description of each of the 38 essences here http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/bachoriginalflowerremedies/about-the-remedies/guide-38-flower-remedies

They aren't magic, and who knows it might just be the placebo effect..... but I've used them for 30 years on and off (when I can remember) and found them useful, whatever the reason

Guest sophie13

I've tried Bach remedies too and did no good to me. In fact... at that time people around me were making me crazy with using natural stuff to heal my fears that I have developed a obsession on having to take only natural stuff.. What didn't I try? :-) It was medication and CBT that brought me back on the track and now it was a nervous breakdown that pushed me back into the OCD. So back on medication and therapy...

Guest Readyforchange

Hi,

Have just tried Bach Rescue Remedy for the first time so will see how I get on!

The lady in the health food shop was trying to push me towards something called Passiflora? Has anyone heard/tried it?

Thanks