Sorry re posting same topic but need some help :(

Sorry tried to deal with this myself but need some help!

20 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Hey Guys

Sorry I tried to deal with this myself for the last couple of weeks but I need some help, sorry it may contain subjects you don't want to hear about.

About a year ago I had Thrush, I was busy and didn't get it treated and the symptoms seemed to go away and I forgot about it. Now there was this guy and we fondled, down there, he tried to have sex with me but I said no, he got to the point where he almost entered/was pushing against me but didn't go any further now when I said no. I do not know where he lives, I think now I remembered there was a risk of giving him thrush (thought it may be small) I should tell him. I keep thinking I should ring the taxi rank and see if they still have records of where I went, and if they do I should go and give him a note or something. I've tried to put it off as OCD and just ignore it, but the trouble is though all the signs are there sometimes it doesn't feel like OCD and I should tell him because theres a risk he can pass it on however small. I've looked up thrush and I know it's not a big things however if passed on to a man with a weakened immunune system it could go on to bigger organs and you would have to go to intensive care, so of course I keep thinking if he passes it on to someone who passes it on to someone and that happens it will be my fault. I don't know what to do now, please any help would be great.

I am still unsure what to do, I would ring the taxi to see if they have any knowledge of where he lives, but if this OCD I want to fight it!

Thank you for your reply Polar Bear. I'm still not sure I fully understand what you mean? I feel the need not to perform compulsions? Default is to believe that this is an obsession?

Sorry if i'm being dim or sound ungrateful, I really am grateful for the advice :)

I had a similar thing were i gave pens you put on strings round your neck in 9 year olds party bags.then i panicked that they could choke and i wanted to ring the parents.given that i am a teacher at these kids school i would have made a fool of myself.i resisted and it passed and no one got hurt.you can get thrush from too tight pants and all sorts.if these people chose to have unprotected sex then its their risk.even if you did have it its a pretty harmless thing.you have to let these people be responsible for tbeir own sexual health just as i had to allow these parents to not let kids sleep in pens or pull on them etc.its hyper responsibility at work.

That feeling is hyperresponsibility, which means putting too much responsibility on yourself for the well being of others. It is a compulsion and needs to be resisted. If you follow through with the compulsion it will fuel OCD to do it again, making you feel hyperresponsible for another situation you are not responsible for.

I suffer from hyper responsibility as well. I know how hard it can be. I fear that after having sexual acts, I told a lady that I have a sexually transmitted disease. I fear that she may have committed suicide in the fear of infection. Couples with false memory and checking memory of the event, it is very hard.