Calling all those with BDD

Guest NottinghamUniversity

Dear all,

I am an MSc Health Psychology student at the University of Nottingham and am embarking on a research project to look at the role of online support groups, such as this one, for those with body dysmorphic disorder.

BDD is an under-recognised, under-researched and under-treated condition and I am hoping by conducting this research I might be able to offer some insight into a potentially valuable tool (i.e. online support) for those who live with it.

OCD-UK have given me permission to post this invitation for people to take part on here. This will involve completing an online questionnaire by answering a series of multiple choice questions about your BDD and use of online support groups. It should take no longer than 10-15 minutes to complete.

To take part in the study, which has been approved by the University of Nottingham Research Ethics Committee, then please click on the link below for the questionnaire and to find out more information:

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/nottingham/osgsbdd/

Thank you for reading and if you are able to give us your time and complete the questionnaire we would be extremely grateful. We hope that the findings will help those with BDD.

Kindest Regards,

Oliver Matias (student) & Dr Neil Coulson (supervisor)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again,

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has taken part so far. I have 28 responses which is great and as well as OCD-UK; OCD-Action, BEAT, and Body Dysmorphic Disorder Foundation have all endorsed the study and posted it for me.

If you haven't taken part in the study yet and would like to, or to find out more information, then please refer to the above post and click the link :-)

Thanks again for your time.

Kind Regards,

Oliver Matias & Dr Neil Coulson

Edited by NottinghamUniversity

Just to let everyone know, there is now a £30 ($50) amazon voucher prise draw if you take part/have taken part in the study. All you need to do is e-mail me at ttxom6@nottingham.ac.uk with your participant code (which you will create when you do the questionnaire) to be entered. If you have already done the questionnaire and can't remember your participant code it should be the initials of your forename and surname followed by the date and month that you were born :-)