New Here!

Guest Iwanttobehappy

Guest Iwanttobehappy

Greetings!

I have been diagnosed with OCD since I was about 11 years, and am 27 now.

Looking forward to discussing OCD with other people in the community. It would be great to know how people have overcome their OCD, and have moved on with their lives. New treatments, conferences are also of interest as well.

Nice to meet all of you!

Welcome to the forums IWant! I hope you find them helpful. I encourage you to jump right in over on the main forums, there's much more traffic there so more people are likely to chime in. There's a lot of great info here on these forums and OCD-UK has an annual conference, but for those of us in the US I also recommend checking out the US based International OCD Foundation http://iocdf.org. They do an annual conference on this side of the pond and though I have not yet had a chance to attend I've heard good things! This years is happening at the end of July in Boston (last years was in Los Angeles).

Guest Iwanttobehappy

Nice to meet you- both Yachica and dksea!

Welcome to the forums IWant! I hope you find them helpful. I encourage you to jump right in over on the main forums, there's much more traffic there so more people are likely to chime in. There's a lot of great info here on these forums and OCD-UK has an annual conference, but for those of us in the US I also recommend checking out the US based International OCD Foundation http://iocdf.org. They do an annual conference on this side of the pond and though I have not yet had a chance to attend I've heard good things! This years is happening at the end of July in Boston (last years was in Los Angeles).

I am hoping to attend the OCD conference in Boston this year!

Are you planning? It would be great to meet people from our side of the pond!

Although I would love to visit Boston, I hear it's a great city, if everything works out for me I'll be heading in the opposite direction at that time to go teach in Japan, fulfilling a big dream of mine. I definitely plan to attend a convention at some point in the future though (especially if they hold one here in Seattle!)