OCD - Caring for people

Guest maisy13

Guest maisy13

Hi Guys,

I am new to this chat forum. I suffer from OCD linking to caring for people in health care environments I am always worrying that I have done something wrong or could have caused harm to them. I know this is the OCD taking over as I have never hurt someone and never EVER would. I wondered if anyone else suffered with this kind of issue? and how are people coping with it?

I hope there are others out there who might be able to relate!

Thank you :-)

Hi! I dont know if i can help you with your question, but I just wanted to say Welcome to the forum! :original:

I hope you find someone who can relate, and i think you will, cause worrying to do something wrong or cause harm seems to be known ocd themes.

I hope you find some support in here! :original:

Hi maisy,

I get this a bit sometimes, if I'm doing something for charity or giving something to a homeless person or generally helping someone (not so much to do with health), that I may have caused some harm or not given the right thing, etc...

All you can do is what you know is right, don't let these thoughts bully you into thinking you have done something wrong. I'd suggest just being mindful when you carry out an action, accept you have done it right & then try & ignore the thoughts when they start nagging at you. Over time, they should start to bother you less.

Best of luck

Symps :original:

Guest maisy13

thank you so much!

It is nice to know that someone feels the same in a way, I am seeking support at the moment so I am hoping that is going to help. It is just hard to get those thoughts out of your head as much as you try!

thank you both for the reply :-)

best wishes to you both.